The Wild Unknown Tarot - Father of Pentacles

Sulis

An adult male deer with impressive rainbow coloured antlers stands facing us.. Between his antlers, in the background of the card is a dark pentacle and from the pentacle are what look like rays.. To me it looks like the pentacle is glowing, emitting some sort of light or maybe it's at the end of a tunnel that the deer is standing in.

Fathers in this deck correspond with Kings in more traditional tarot decks so they are the most mature of all the Court Cards and show a mastery of their element. Kings / Fathers are outward looking so they are able to manifest the qualities of their element in the real world and they have learned most of the lessons of their suit.

I think the coloured antlers show that he really is the master of his element. This is someone who has worked hard to get to where he is and he's now enjoying the fruits of his labours. The pentacle in the background is the source of the light in the card and that tells me that this is what is important to him.
This is a family man who is a provider, he could well be a business man too and he has a strong, fatherly energy - he's a nurturing type.. Maybe he nurtures his family, his partner and children, maybe his business and his employees are his family.. He's also someone who protects his family and what he's worked for - those antlers make formidable weapons.
This is someone who has probably worked his way up through the ranks, he's got where he is through hard slog and practical effort and now he wears his antlers, the outward signs of his success and standing with pride.

Attachments

• Father of Pentacles.jpg
    Father of Pentacles.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 1,460

Pixna

As always, a wonderful interpretation, Sulis. I appreciate your pointing out that the pentacle could be the end of a tunnel. I also see it as possibly the top opening of a tent. To me it looks like rays of energy creating a tent or force-field of protection. This Father really emanates a sense of being the protector. I feel that if I got in that tent with him, I'd be safe.

And, oh my -- those glorious antlers radiate such strength and potency. But they sure do look like serious weapons, too. This Father embodies for me all the qualities I expect in a Father of Pentacles -- calm earthiness along with measured strength, protectiveness, solidity, and a stand-your-ground attitude.

Sulis

As always, a wonderful interpretation, Sulis. I appreciate your pointing out that the pentacle could be the end of a tunnel. I also see it as possibly the top opening of a tent. To me it looks like rays of energy creating a tent or force-field of protection. This Father really emanates a sense of being the protector. I feel that if I got in that tent with him, I'd be safe.

And, oh my -- those glorious antlers radiate such strength and potency. But they sure do look like serious weapons, too. This Father embodies for me all the qualities I expect in a Father of Pentacles -- calm earthiness along with measured strength, protectiveness, solidity, and a stand-your-ground attitude.

Yes.. This is all really good stuff.. There is such a strong element of protection with this guy and you're right, the rays do seem like a tent of protection.
I love your summing up line too:
Father of Pentacles -- calm earthiness along with measured strength, protectiveness, solidity, and a stand-your-ground attitude.
These make very good keywords for this card.

Michellehihi

I visited a wildlife reserve in Yukon this summer and there were many deers and so many antlers eveywhere on the ground. I talked to the guardian of the parc and asked why all those antlers? He told me that the deers changed antlers every year, and that they grow them for only one reason: to compete with other male for a female of their choice. I am amazed. These antlers are very heavy, I took some in my hands. I insisted that they must also serve for defence or attack of predators and the guardian was firm, the antlers do not serve to protect from predators, the fall immediately after the season of reproduction. Haha I found it sadly funny, that these deers would carry such a heavy weight on their head just for the sake of a woman!!! Males are males!
Anyway, to go back to the father of pentacle, it is clear for me that this card means a mature man, with a good financial situation, who is looking forward to have a stable peaceful relationship with a woman, and his antlers are powerful so he will win the competition with other men towards winning who his heart desires.