Ephemeris question

poivre

Would there be such a book as a
Moon Ephemeris with daily moon pictures?

At a fair, there was a person who did Moon Readings.
They also had a Moon picture of the day your were born.

They looked through the book, found your birthday and then
showed you the picture of what the moon looked like the day
you were born.

Looking for this book, if there is such a thing. I have seen the monthly
pictures of the moon phases and a book already made would make
things a lot easier.

I just wasn't sure if there was such a book or if they had made it themselves.

Thanks for any replies
:)

dadsnook2000

Speculation

Every ephemeris that I have seen has consisted of tabular listings of symbols and numbers, no pictures.

I would speculate as follows:
** Nobody would take a picture of the Moon every day of the year, every year, for a book.
** The Moon looks differently over the course of a day due to its 12 to 13 degree movement. For example, some "new moons" a couple of days after the actual conjoining of the Moon to the Sun show us a thin partial crescent in the evening sky, while other times we see a more substantive crescent, perhaps a day later than usual. So, we might need a set of some 3 or 4 pictures for each day. Not likely.
** The photo-sets you have seen in books can be replicated and placed into a software program which will take the relative Moon-to-the-Sun angle and match it to a Moon photo. A write-up can be automatically provided to go with the chart and Moon-photo.

Dave

Minderwiz

Would there be such a book as a
Moon Ephemeris with daily moon pictures?

They looked through the book, found your birthday and then
showed you the picture of what the moon looked like the day
you were born.

:)

Dave has assumed that you meant photographs, when you used the word 'pictures'. Were they artwork or photos? and if the latter, I think it's highly probable that they were photos taken of each 'day' of a Moon cycle, rather than photos of what the Moon looked like on any one particular day in one particular year. That does not stop it being an ephemeris, as the pictures could be used in a 30 day repeating sequence (approximately). Any accompanying text could list the position in the zodiac, phase of the Moon, and even an interpretation of its astrological meaning.

http://www.moonconnection.com/moon_phases_calendar.phtml

Gives you some idea of what the pictures could be like, and the site allows you to enter any month of any year, so you could see the picture for your own date of birth. You will also find widgets for smartphones that show the daily phase and I've had one on my PC as well in the past. Do a Google search and you'll find quite a few offerings for such things.

Now a quick look did not reveal a book you could buy, so I can't give you a definitive answer to your original question. There may be, if you search thoroughly but some of the online resources will do the job just as well as a book.

Minderwiz

This is exactly what each page in the book looked like.
So...maybe they like to photocopy? :eek:

Would there be such a book?

I can't find one on Amazon UK but that doesn't rule out other sources. It's also possible that it's out of print. The nearest I can see is a lunar diary or calendar for this year.' There are apps for Moon phases for Android and I guess iPhone but for past years you probably need a full ephemeris that shows both zodiacal longitude and lunar phase.