The Magic door tarot spread: will he return?

Lileth30

Hello Lovely people,

i did the above tarot spread yesterday after a break up (back in November) as i know it just isn't done (inner knowing thus far never been wrong although the last time i manifested a relationship back that i knew wasn't done i had to fall 26 ft out of a tree on my birthday to manage it haha!) possible wishful thinking too :)

1. Your motivation – The first card shows you the real underlying reason for your desire to reconnect. It indicates if you want them back to soothe a bruised ego or if there is true love there. It tells you if you feel that you didn’t learn all you needed to learn or if you are just struggling with letting go. 4 of wands: i would say this shows i really do love him and want to create a solid foundation for a future together and i believe there is still something there

2. & 3. What you had – These two cards represent the relationship dynamic you had in the past and sheds further light on the first card. Knight of wands + Death: i took this to mean we had a committed relationship (as these tie into the 4 of wands) our relationship allowed us both to move in the directions we wanted we were flirty and action orientated which was trans formative for us both (but also maybe that he wasn't ready to commit and so the relationship has to *die* in order to be reborn or we reaped what we had sown. (slightly unsure on this combination)

4. The handle – This card shows you what action you would need to take to reconnect. A card such as The Hanged Man shows that it won’t matter what you do, you’ll just have to surrender and wait for the future to unfold. Look for the Fire (Wands+Majors) and Air (Swords+Majors) cards to indicate that taking action will pay off. 9 of cups: i would love to think this means my wish comes true but im thinking it may mean that i need to be 100% happy in myself or possible that i need to make an offering to him (invite him out somewhere) or in combination with the above cards that once we have both transformed my wish comes true?

5. The lock – This is the main challenge/obstacle that lies between you and your AWOL lover. 9 of pentacles (i've read a lot about this card on this forum) i would see it as he is trying to be independent and getting material comforts and therefore may not want to step outside his current *comfort zone* as he has never carried on speaking to an ex after breaking up until me or he's happy being alone with all he has accumulated or he is too *proud* to admit he may have made a mistake.

6. An outside influence currently affecting the situation – No need to elaborate. 10 of swords (now here's where it gets a little interesting) i did a twin flame spread and found that my karmic lesson is the 10 of swords. Which could be that i need to learn when something is *dead* or how to let go of all of pain or feeling like something outside of me is the cause of my *suffering*. But as an outside influence could it be someone indicated to him that i would be the *death* or ruin of him? this one i am very stuck on

7. 8. & 9. What lies on the other side of the door – This signifies how things might turn out if you did get back together. 10 of cups, ace of cups, Moon. I took this to mean that if we got back together it would result in a happy family (10 of cups) from a new relationship together (ace of cups) but that something would always be hidden, however i use the tarot of the cat people deck and the lady in it looks like she is blind or only able to move with her familiar by the light of the moon, kinda like the blind leading the blind but only if you have faith enough to believe and trust your instincts or that something can show you the way (can you tell the moon threw me a bit) as its not the *traditional* moon card so it could mean our relationship becomes very intuitive (after looking in the book) as we always has a telepathic connection (or so it seemed/seems) and again is one of the *karmic card*

10. The key – If you received a green light for using that door handle, then this is the key that unlocks the lock and gives you the understanding you need to open the door. Wheel of fortune (which is 1 of the karmic cards) and after my own life experiences i am a firm believer that somethings are just fate (for good or bad is your own perspective, all fated tings in my life have been BIG life lessons) but obviously it could mean this cycle together is complete and now there can be a new one. Again kinda unsure how to read this in the context.

The bottom card while doing this was justice (again one of *karmic cards*) and adding it all together as i came up with my own rationale for counting the numbers associated with court cards was 96 so the Devil/Lovers (i tend to reduce quint cards down to the lowest denomination). Interestingly he is on lifepath 1 and i am 5 so the lovers shows up more times than i can count about this. My friend actually said is there another card in your deck besides that one lol.

Any help anyone could give me on this would be greatly appreciated (sorry if i've not provided enough insight into what i think they mean) as no matter how long I've been doing tarot (15 years and counting) sometime reading for yourself is none too easy especially when sometimes we just want to see the best possible interpretation instead of whats actually there.

thank you

Lileth30

CrystalSeas

Welcome to Aeclectic Tarot, Lileth30

You've posted in the New Member forum (Yay!) but I'm moving the topic to the "Your Readings" forum.

We have a lot of different forums for different kinds of questions, and it usually takes a while to figure out where different kinds of questions go. If you take a moment to read the rules for each forum, you'll soon get the hang of it.

Again welcome, and since your post already follows the rules for the Your Readings forum, I'm going to move it there right away.

Lileth30

ah thank you, sorry for posting in the wrong place :)