The Marseille Tarot Revealed by Yoav Ben-Dov

Sumaya

Does anyone know more about this book? You can preorder it already, expected date of publication is in March 2017.

I'd be interested in how it compares to his previous book "Tarot - The Open Reading". Is it an expansion of the book or something completely new?

Amazon Preorder

IHeartRescues

Does anyone know more about this book? You can preorder it already, expected date of publication is in March 2017.

I'd be interested in how it compares to his previous book "Tarot - The Open Reading". Is it an expansion of the book or something completely new?

Amazon Preorder

Yes I am very curious to know if this is a whole new book or a revision. The Open Reading has been on my wishlist forever so I can wait til more info comes to light.

Sumaya

Hello,

I just bought the cards from Mr. Ben-Dov and asked him about his new book.
He answered me that this will be a revised edition published by Llewellyn in full color. No substantial changes.

I have "Tarot - The Open Reading" as a kindle version, it wasn't very expensive. I will buy the new edition as a paperback to take advantage of the colors.
So, if you are willing to wait, I'll guess that you should rather buy the new version. ;-)

Lee

Thanks to Sumaya for the info! :)

IHeartRescues

Hello,

I just bought the cards from Mr. Ben-Dov and asked him about his new book.
He answered me that this will be a revised edition published by Llewellyn in full color. No substantial changes.

I have "Tarot - The Open Reading" as a kindle version, it wasn't very expensive. I will buy the new edition as a paperback to take advantage of the colors.
So, if you are willing to wait, I'll guess that you should rather buy the new version. ;-)

Excellent work Sumaya. Thank you, I can wait :)

DeToX

The table of contents look almost the same as The Open Reading. It is however 26 pages longer, but it depends on the page and font size as to whether it is actually longer or not, and it could well be that the formatting and photos make it longer. Strange that he wasn't able to use the same title for the book if it is a re-edition, but I guess he must have some legal obligations to the company he self-published through, which might suggest that he's had to reword the original slightly here. Full colour might tempt me to buy this and sell my other book, we'll see, but it's not a huge motivator for me.

Lee

Strange that he wasn't able to use the same title for the book if it is a re-edition, but I guess he must have some legal obligations to the company he self-published through, which might suggest that he's had to reword the original slightly here.
My own guess (and it's only a guess) is that Llewellyn retitled the book with a title they felt would inspire more sales.

Barleywine

I'd like an edition with color plates too, but since I have the CBD Pro app for my Kindle Fire, I don't really need it.

ihcoyc

I read Kindle books on my PC. I own the first version, and the illustrations are already in color on the version I have.