A Cary-Yale by Meneghello!! How did I miss this!

DeToX

Looks extremely elegant!

The Happy Squirrel

Waaaaa..... Every time I log on to Aeclectic.... 0_o
This is on my list for sure!

rachelcat

I got mine on Monday. Mailman left the package on my doorstep in the rain, but dear Collectarot had it wrapped up nice and cozy in a zipper bag, so all is well!

It is truly a thing of beauty! And so worth the purchase. As I mentioned, I was tempted by seeing the comparison with the US Games version, and, wow, it's like night and day! The details and colors are so much more visible, and appealing. (But I am still appreciative of US Games for publishing it and other historic repro decks. And the booklet by Kaplan is very helpful with info on the family emblems.)

And the cardstock is amazing. It feels like I'm handling something really special--and I am.

I still don't know if I would ever read with it, but I'm glad I have it all the same!

KhonsuMes

Mine arrived today. On first look -

A truly beautiful deck. The colors are sumptuous and perfectly saturated.
And the pips! I had no idea how elegantly ornate these pip cards are, all on a royal blue background with the pink patterned borders... oh my!

Finally, the Charity / High Priestess card is rather amazing in the way it shows nursing so plainly. It also looks like her mirror was made with silver foil that then blackend and cracked partially away. Is that right? (Sorry for the newbie question on that, the Cary-Yale is a new set of images for me).

mydearruby

I actually did the opposite. Upon getting the ll Meneghello edition I went back to purchase the USG one. Feel so compulsive to have a look at the entire restored deck, plus that the English translation of LWB in ll Meneghello is kinda weird---though it still offers very interesting information.

The Happy Squirrel

This is a reference and historical study deck for sure for me.
And yes, Kaplan's booklet is very helpful! I have USG 1984 edition and found lots of good info there.

Iolon

Visconti di Modrone

Thanks for the tip, I ordered the deck immediattely

agviz

I was innocently looking for information on Marseille, came across this thread, and suddenly noticed I have $94.95 less money in my wallet. But how? Where did it go? Thanks starlightexp, thanks a lot. I'll try to return the favor someday. ;)

Seriously, this looks fantastic! I can't wait!

Phenix

I got this deck in yesterday and it is breathtaking! The texture of the cards gives such tactile richness, making it seem impossible to hold such detailed and almost 3D art. I agree the pip cards are more beautiful than expected, those swords! :O

Pictures do not do it justice, my "cursory" glance through the deck took an hour, lol.

FLizarraga

I was innocently looking for information on Marseille, came across this thread, and suddenly noticed I have $94.95 less money in my wallet. But how? Where did it go? Thanks starlightexp, thanks a lot. I'll try to return the favor someday. ;)

Seriously, this looks fantastic! I can't wait!

Ha! I know the feeling.... :p