Tarot for predicting timescales

gigeee

Hi there

Does this correspond to court card numbers or is there another way?

Kind regards friends

MystikalSharyl

In my opinion spirit can be very fickle when it comes to time frame but usually find that the numbers coupled with intuition to decide days months or years...also any words or pictures that look like a season can be big clues

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

elena_jaymz

Hi, when asking about timing I tend to look at the story in the cards rather than to associate them to days, months, weeks, years.

If you drew a Court Card in a position showing time, I think the message may be:
- this event will occur once you'll have met a person like this Queen/King/Page/Knight
- this event will occur once the event shown by this card will have taken place
- this event will occur once you'll have become more or less like this Queen/King/Page/Knight

Michael Sternbach

I have tinkered with predicting timing and, frankly, I don't think it really works. Your mileage may differ, and if so, I would like to hear it - in as much detail as possible.

Barleywine

I'm skeptical too, but I'm not done experimenting. The Celtic Cross spread (with which I'm by far the most familiar) has some built-in timing elements that can be combined with the nature of the cards in those positions (not necessarily by suit, more by inherent qualities such as energy level, planetary correspondence and numerical value) to at least get a "sooner-rather-than-later" impression (or vice versa). There are a few theoretical rules of thumb, at least in my book: anything mounted would suggest sooner, standing not quite so soon, and seated the longest of all (and lying down with 10 Swords in the back would quite likely be saying "Never!" :)). Aces aren't quite out of the gate yet and Tens have run their last lap. Reversal by itself could impart delay. I'm also looking at humours: choleric means swift, sanguine and phlegmatic increasingly more deliberate, in that order, and melancholic ploddingly slow. The Wands/Cups/Swords/Pentaclws model doesn't feel quite right; for timing purposes I would have it Wands/Swords/Cups/Pentacles in keeping with the humours. In practical reading space, though, I'm more inclined to peg it to the context of the question and just improvise with a "reality check" from the querent'e observations and insights.

gigeee

Hi, when asking about timing I tend to look at the story in the cards rather than to associate them to days, months, weeks, years.

If you drew a Court Card in a position showing time, I think the message may be:
- this event will occur once you'll have met a person like this Queen/King/Page/Knight
- this event will occur once the event shown by this card will have taken place
- this event will occur once you'll have become more or less like this Queen/King/Page/Knight

Thank you very much for this.

gigeee

I have tinkered with predicting timing and, frankly, I don't think it really works. Your mileage may differ, and if so, I would like to hear it - in as much detail as possible.

From my limited experience I would agree but might as well see.

gigeee

I'm skeptical too, but I'm not done experimenting. The Celtic Cross spread (with which I'm by far the most familiar) has some built-in timing elements that can be combined with the nature of the cards in those positions (not necessarily by suit, more by inherent qualities such as energy level, planetary correspondence and numerical value) to at least get a "sooner-rather-than-later" impression (or vice versa). There are a few theoretical rules of thumb, at least in my book: anything mounted would suggest sooner, standing not quite so soon, and seated the longest of all (and lying down with 10 Swords in the back would quite likely be saying "Never!" :)). Aces aren't quite out of the gate yet and Tens have run their last lap. Reversal by itself could impart delay. I'm also looking at humours: choleric means swift, sanguine and phlegmatic increasingly more deliberate, in that order, and melancholic ploddingly slow. The Wands/Cups/Swords/Pentaclws model doesn't feel quite right; for timing purposes I would have it Wands/Swords/Cups/Pentacles in keeping with the humours. In practical reading space, though, I'm more inclined to peg it to the context of the question and just improvise with a "reality check" from the querent'e observations and insights.

Yes, the different lays of the card may be also very relevant if placed that way. Thank you