Strength as no contact?

geneticsgirl

I keep on getting the strength card when I ask questions about whether I should text a man I was just starting to get to know relationship-wise. I kind of made a resolution that I was going to not text him anymore after the weekend, seeing as how he wasn't replying to my texts. He's working a long way away, so technically it could all be down to work that he hasn't been in touch. Or he could just be not interested.
Whenever I pull the Strength card I'm seeing it as sticking to my guns, not getting in contact, waiting for him to respond... But now I'm second guessing myself and wondering if it means something else. But some keywords I've seen include forebearance, which would suit my interpretation, and fortitude... The woman in the card is quiet, serene, accepting of whatever situation has led her to have a lion in the palm of her hands! Hardly the sort shooting off text messages whenever she's feeling a bit odd about how this is all playing out! Guess I just don't want to be seen as the ice queen either!

oceana15

Oh, been there, done that. I too have wanted to (and did!) text many a man who showed ambiguous signs of interest, or who just didn't text me back for a few days. Since you keep getting Strength, I'm definitely inclined to agree that you must operate in this situation as self-confidently, self-assuredly, and gracefully as possible. This doesn't mean FORCING yourself not to text someone if you really want to. The woman in the Strength card (in my view) knows very clearly what she wants, follows her heart, and uses grace and tactfulness to get where she wants to be. I guess your concern about not coming off as clingy (or as distant!) is coming from the newness of the relationship/dating, right? I remember being there... so many times! But eventually I think we have to move past the fear of how we're coming across, or how someone is going to react to what we do or don't do, and just get very clear about what we want and then act on it. When a man is interested, he will generally be excited to hear from you, especially in the beginning. Allow yourself the freedom to text him or not, or call him or not, or to do whatever is in your heart -- without worrying about his reactions. If he's the right person for you right now, he will react positively to you either way. That's just my two cents, anyway.

IndigoWaves

In this case, I'd say that Strength advises you to calmly restrain your lion/self and relax. Females tend to over-text, it seems, while males tend to ignore said texts, at least until they actually 'need' communication again... And since you've already sent some messages, there's little chance of seeming like an ice queen. Remember, unless he's working deep in a jungle or underground, or out on an oil rig in the middle of nowhere, your texts have arrived... So, the ball is in his court; let him decide if he wants to throw it back. Cheers.

CrystalSeas

The woman is gently managing the wild nature of the lion with patience and kindness.

Your self-restrain (of your 'lion' side) is pictured. No need to let the lion loose in a flurry of texts. Just giving the guy lots of space to respond.

geneticsgirl

Thank you all for your advice.

IndigoWaves, it's funny you should mention him being really remote because there is a distinct possibility he's not receiving messages from me...

Still, I kind of took Oceana15's advice. I wanted to text him and haven't since Sunday. So I sent him one last text. If there is no response to this one then I'm done! I kind of phrased it as such too. I don't have the mental energy to be kept up in the air, so I indicated that I'd appreciate knowing where things stood between us.

Enlightenment23

I agree with IndigoWaves & CrystalSeas.

Strength is about self-control and resisting the urge to do something. I know you really, really want to reach out to this person, but it's in your best interest to keep that desire under control and try not to text or contact him.

Grizabella

I agree with the others. Just giving him time and space is best because if he's interested, he'll definitely get back in touch with you. Strength is saying not to push the issue.