Do you or do you not...

ana luisa

I used to read the guides but recently, there has been so much fluff in them that it turns me off. What if you're not interested in talking about inner guidance, higher self and spiritual development ? What if your question is super concrete, mundane and down-to-earth ? I know I would be VERY upset if I asked if my job would help me make ends meet and I got something like " this symbol will help guide you on this journey; there is an invisible spirit within all living things" as an answer...

Briar Rose

It depends on the book. I like to read what the bnook has to offer. It's like checking in with a manualfor me to see if I am getting it.

canid

I just got the Mystical Kipper & glanced through the LWB - yeah, I'll read it. But with tarot, nope. If there's a companion book, I may. Some have much to offer, like Buckland Romani, Moon Garden (that's awesome!), etc. but many are just plagiarised, nothing new to add.

Chipiwi

As some other posters, I do read the meaning of the cards on the guidebook to help me when I'm doing a reading. A word or a sentence will speak out to me as Glass Owl mentioned. It helps me to get a more accurate reading added to my intuition/feelings on the reading.

And I do have a Doreen Virtue deck !! ;-)

greatdane

Psycards I did, but found more on their (free) site

I don't have decks, other than psycards, that are not either tarot or Lenormand right now, so I can only talk about this one. But the small lwb with psycards was useful. The site for psycards even more so. I felt no need to buy the companion book. And free is good :).

2dogs

I'm currently experimenting with the "Photographic Card Deck of the Elements" and "Photographic Card Deck of the Solar System" which have facts on them but no oracular meanings, so I have no option but to make up my own.