Earth Power Oracle - Atlas for the soul

BodhiSeed

Is there anyone here who now has this deck and wouldn't mind telling us what you think about it? I'm particularly interested in the booklet and whether there is any practical information in it.

desertrat

I only just received this deck and am not quite sure how I feel about it yet. I think the artwork is well done (really love the card backs), but have not been moved by the guidebook much. The book first gives the message printed on the card, then "key energies" associated with the site, GPS location of the site, the geographic location of the site (ie, the country in which it's located), its associated Element(s) (ie, earth, air, fire, water), Description, and "When You Visit". The "Description" gives the history, importance, and physical description of the place. "When You Visit" gives suggestions as to where to go and what to visit if you should go to there in person.

I suppose I feel the book is too much like a practical travel guide. I was expecting something more mystical/spiritual. :( I tend to use my oracle decks for spiritual exercises and meditation and I am finding the factual information tends to get in the way of my mood building. That's probably a personal flaw on my part. I think what I will do is read through the whole book once when I'm not trying to focus on Spirit. Then when the time comes to use the oracle for spiritual work, I will merely focus on the message printed on the card. See where that gets me...

BodhiSeed

Thanks Desertrat for your review; based on it, I got a copy of this deck in trade rather than pay full price. The titles on the cards don't bother me, but the phrases in my opinion reek of fluffy New Age jargon (she even uses the term "flowfulness" on one card). Love the artwork though. I decided to radically alter the deck by cutting off everything; I will come up with my own meanings based on each place. Since I cut off the titles too, I added the page number (where the card is in the booklet) on the back of the card using a Sharpie oil-based paint pen in gold. I don't think I would have used this deck without the changes I made.

Attachments

• EarthPower.jpg
    EarthPower.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 253
  • EarthPowerBk.jpg
    EarthPowerBk.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 164

desertrat

Wow! Your cards look fantastic!

Will you research each place on your own to develop meanings for yourself?

BodhiSeed

Wow! Your cards look fantastic!

Will you research each place on your own to develop meanings for yourself?
Thanks Desertrat.:) Yes, I think I'll just google and find out about each place, then come up with my own interpretation. As you said earlier, the booklet is a little "lean" for my tastes.