Les Vampires - New Lucy Cavendish & Jasmine Becket - Griffith oracle

Styx

I ordered it from the Book Depository and received it very quickly (10 days, not bad given that I'm not in the UK currently).
I was a bit disappointed by the box (it's too big for the cards, they don't fit in as nicely as in the box of the Oracle of Shadow and Light) and because two of my cards were damaged (there must have been the problem with the lamination).
Apart from that, well, I'm in love. I've had and loved the Oracle of Shadow and Light for a few years but I have to say that I find the artwork a hundred times more refined and poetic in the Les Vampires deck. Many of the cards have a 16th and 17th century feeling that I love. I also like the fact that the introduction to the booklet and the themes of several cards are heavily focused on the idea of personal power and power struggles, I think it works quite well.

Autumn Spice

I pre-ordered this deck on Amazon. I'm not sure what's going on with the order. It still says they need more time to complete the order.

I might cancel that order and then order from Book Depository.

ctrymaus

I ordered it from the Book Depository and received it very quickly (10 days, not bad given that I'm not in the UK currently).
I was a bit disappointed by the box (it's too big for the cards, they don't fit in as nicely as in the box of the Oracle of Shadow and Light) and because two of my cards were damaged (there must have been the problem with the lamination)...

I pre-ordered this deck on Amazon. I'm not sure what's going on with the order. It still says they need more time to complete the order.

I might cancel that order and then order from Book Depository.

Is the one from Book Depository the Australian version? If so, I may wait longer for the U.S. version, which I suspect Amazon will be selling.

I have the U.S. versions of Oracle of Shadows & Light and The Oracle of the Shapeshifters.

CountryMouse

Styx

ctrymaus, I have to admit I don't even know the difference between the two versions, I ordered the one that was most easily available. If you have a link where the differences are shown, I would be glad to let you know which version I got from the Book Depository.

Serenia

You can see in the item description on the BD website whether it says "Blue Angel Gallery" (AUS version) or "Llewellyn Publications" (US version) there. Mine said Blue Angel Gallery, but it hasn't arrived yet. At the time of my order only the AUS version was available, but now both versions seem to be available:

Llewellyn version
Blue Angel version

I'd be quite happy to actually receive the Blue Angel version and not the other, because usually they change some cards in the US version, so that the deck is not exactly as shown on youtube (I believe the videos on youtube show the Blue Angel version because they were uploaded when the Llewellyn version wasn't out yet).

ctrymaus

I'm concerned about the cards not fitting nicely into the box. In the Oracle of Shadows & Light and the Oracle of the Shapeshifters, both fit just fine. Also, if there is any damage to cards, I know Amazon will replace the deck quickly and easily.

I guess I will watch for videos on YouTube for comparisons--Neopagan Priestess has two videos, comparing the US & Australian versions of Oracle of Shadows & Light and Oracle of the Shapeshifters. I'm sure she (or someone) will do one for the Les Vampires Oracle.

I'm very tempted, but I want to see the differences first. :)

CountryMouse

Nica

These look great! I am very curious about them now.

lalalibra

So I finally got this deck. I had actually tried to convince myself that I didn't need it after all, but this deck is really quite different from the other decks I have by her... I had been thinking that perhaps the Oracle of Shadows and Light delved into the shadows well enough, but this deck really does take it to whole other level, which makes for a very useful deck.

The artwork is delightful, gorgeous, and successfully creepy in many places (I think it's the actual eyes within some of the skeletons that gets to me lol).

After hearing some mild complaints about the guidebook on youtube, I had lowered my expectations for it - but I read through it, and I actually really think the guidebook is incredibly well done. It's true that the intro part is shorter, but all in all, I think that everything she includes is very thought-provoking and it didn't leave me feeling hungry for more info. I think it's because it reflects the ~mysterious~ feeling of this deck which I'm perfectly okay with lol.

The book meanings she includes are very deep and interesting, with a range of possible meanings as well as room for your own interpretations. The cards are very intuitive to use, and so far, my experience with them has been very spot-on and helpful. What a unique deck this is! I truly feel so grateful to work with it and I can't wait to get to know it better. :love:

Also, the one I bought from Amazon says "US Games" on the site; it's not published by them (I think they are just acting as a distributor) - it's definitely published by Blue Angel. So at least at the time of writing this, I'm quite certain that there is only one version of this deck available right now, so I don't think there is a need to worry about different versions at this point. Even with the slight difference in list price (21.95 vs 22.95), it's the same deck. I have the cheaper one and it's exactly the same from what I can tell by looking online.

lalalibra

I know it's easy to get excited about a new deck, but I really mean it -- I love this deck already. It's just so well done. I've been reading with it for myself, and it's been so clear and specific. It's voice is very direct, and I get a really good feeling from the energy of these cards. It's such a breath of fresh air. I can already say this is one of the best deck purchases I've made so far. And although the theme of the deck is very specific (shadows, difficulties, darker times... however you want to put it), I find that it works wonderfully for daily draws (as in, you don't necessarily need to be facing a major crisis or undergoing a dark night of the soul in order to resonate with the cards; they are versatile - at least in my opinion). The advice is very practical, and it slices through into the patterns that hold you back. Very masculine (not the artwork; I mean the energy) - because while the wisdom in this deck is still very much about self-acceptance as you are, it encourages you to own your flaws (so that they don't own you) in order to change and improve and move past them into the future; as well as about taking charge and actively being totally yourself.

I was going through my small collection of handkerchiefs that I have set aside to choose from to wrap my decks, and I came across this one vintage handkerchief that has a rather unique pattern on it: fruits, vegetables (garlic!!!!), and dragonflies. Anyway, I thought it was perfect to wrap this deck in, since there's that whole thing about vampires supposedly fearing or avoiding garlic. Talk about facing fears, right! lol I think they would find to that to be rather funny. ;)

danieljuk

I bought this in the last month as well! I have to say this is not my usual style or art at all, but went on a whim buying it :)

I really like it and it adds something different to my oracle collection. I did a love reading with it for someone else and it went really well!

I like the art, I like the card design and card stock. The book is okay for each card, there is a story and a bit more about the cards. I think it is annoying the box seems too big for the deck! I like lalalibra's idea about wrapping the deck!

From Amazon UK when I ordered it in May, it was still going in and out of stock! they added 3 weeks for it! but it came in much earlier :thumbsup:

It really did add something new to my oracle collection :)