Less twee oracle deck wanted..

Flaxen

A standard deck of 36 cards plus extra/expansion cards of 94, I think (which can be bought as singles) ... add shipping ... close to A$150 in total ... expensive. And, using the base deck alone is probably not going to give you the same level of readings as you would get if you have all the cards (or many of them) I suspect. Nice deck otherwise, and I'm sure it is a gem. I really like the concept having looked at this deck when it was first released, but even buying the base deck alone is expensive ... around A$48, which includes shipping, for 36 cards.

I only use the standard deck- never bothered with any extension packs. :)

That is expensive to ship to you though. I was lucky enough to find it in a local shop as I'm UK based and so are the creators.

GryffinSong

This Oracle deck has really grounded down to earth answers in easy to read definitions.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/vibrational-energy-oracle/

I just splurged and bought this as an ipad app (physical decks are not in my budget right now).

Oh my gosh! So lovely, and so very powerful! I love seeing the cards so clearly and on such a large format, and I've gotten a lot out of the cards I've drawn. Very nice for both intuitive reading, and for using the descriptions and keywords. I'm an instant fan of this deck, and feel that it will swiftly become a well-loved tool as I navigate my way through life's changes ahead of me.

greatdane

LOVE PSYCARDS!

The only deck I have that is not either tarot or Lenormand. AND their website really gives you all you need. I don't have the book. If you go on their site, it will give you each card, the meanings, and the little lwb that comes with it is fine to give you spreads. But again, their website is great for anything you need. AND it's not an expensive deck!

Dee Ell

The Colette Baron-Reid decks are pretty good, actually. I love the Avalon as well as the Hidden Realms. Good advice, well presented.

Look here to check them out.

I'm curious what the books are like that come with these decks? I've noticed a lot of people on here recommend the Enchanted Map Oracle as well (also by Baron-Reid). Which deck do you like best and why?

I just read on Amazon that the Avalon deck has almost 20 cards that are exactly the same except they have a different word printed on them so it sounds like they really only bothered making a 33 card deck and just phoned-in the remaining cards which doesn't give me a lot of faith in the booklet come to think of it. Anyway, any personal insight or opinion on this would be appreciated from someone who actually owns and uses them...

ravynangel

I'm curious what the books are like that come with these decks? I've noticed a lot of people on here recommend the Enchanted Map Oracle as well (also by Baron-Reid). Which deck do you like best and why?

I just read on Amazon that the Avalon deck has almost 20 cards that are exactly the same except they have a different word printed on them so it sounds like they really only bothered making a 33 card deck and just phoned-in the remaining cards which doesn't give me a lot of faith in the booklet come to think of it. Anyway, any personal insight or opinion on this would be appreciated from someone who actually owns and uses them...

deleted :)

Dee Ell

I actually find that most oracles tend to have many cards that have the similar meanings, especially if they are from Hay House or Blue Angel. However, there is nothing wrong with that when the cards work well with you and you are looking for more affirmation, 'you can do it' type of energy, which comes with the booklet. I didn't find anything out of oracle expectation in that either. I mentioned in this thread that I had and used the Wisdom of Avalon for many years, and I only shifted when I moved towards the Druid Plants and Animals oracles, and Froud's fae. As far as Oracles go, both of these decks are lovely, and work just fine. If you are worried about too many cards having similar meanings, then maybe an oracle isn't for you and you may be more interested in a lenormand or something.

I understand what you're saying about the publishers (and that does make me even more wary) however, my concern isn't that the cards have similar meanings, it's that the images are exactly the same on almost 2 dozen cards... which means there's no room for further intuitive interpretation of the card -- it's just one word on the card and then the booklet's info (and from what I've read further, the booklet sounds a bit too simplistic to me).

Are there any oracle decks out there that have a great booklet/book with them that expand and educate while still allowing for personal interpretation?

What is it exactly about lenormand that you think would be more suitable? (I'm not too familiar with that and its inherent differences)

ravynangel

I understand what you're saying about the publishers (and that does make me even more wary) however, my concern isn't that the cards have similar meanings, it's that the images are exactly the same on almost 2 dozen cards... which means there's no room for further intuitive interpretation of the card -- it's just one word on the card and then the booklet's info (and from what I've read further, the booklet sounds a bit too simplistic to me).

Are there any oracle decks out there that have a great booklet/book with them that expand and educate while still allowing for personal interpretation?

What is it exactly about lenormand that you think would be more suitable? (I'm not too familiar with that and its inherent differences)

Dee Ell

I just had a look through my daughter's deck and I am not really sure what this other person was referring to with their being 24 cards that leave no room for interpretation. The majority of the deck relates to animals, birds and the fae, with the scenic cards perhaps being an exaggerated version of what this person was saying. There are cards that depict water, forest, tree and path scenes, which I guess you could claim as being duplication's of meanings, but they are seasonal and I had never struggled intuition wise with this deck. So perhaps it is all up to personal taste.

There's nothing more suitable about the lenormand other than each card being an original message.

I have been doing more research since I last posted and it looks like your daughter's deck is the 2nd edition in which they varied the "path" imagery in the background (probably due to complaints as there are many online about this). In the 1st edition it is *literally* the same exact image of a forest path repeated on every card and the only change on the card is the word in the path marker.

ravynangel

I have been doing more research since I last posted and it looks like your daughter's deck is the 2nd edition in which they varied the "path" imagery in the background (probably due to complaints as there are many online about this). In the 1st edition it is *literally* the same exact image of a forest path repeated on every card and the only change on the card is the word in the path marker.

Dee Ell

lol jeez, goes to show how much attention to detail I pay then, as I bought this deck when it was new and did not have an issue with it at all. In fact, it was the one deck that survived many buy/sells over the years, and I only moved on when I bought a few other things. Well, I still think it comes to down to personal taste as I still stand behind this deck, 1st and 2nd editions, as a great one to read with :)

:) That's okay - I'm an artist so I probably notice a lot more than other people would (although I do find it funny you wouldn't notice that almost half of the cards are the same! :) )