Brown Snake Dream

geministar

Hello everyone,

I never dream. Well I never remember my dreams, if I do dream. Why is that? Why do I never dream? Or why do I never remember my dreams?

A couple of weeks ago though I had a nightmare where I was being chased by a big brown snake. It was mean and really wanted to get me but I woke before it got the chance.

I don't like that the dream I actually remembered was a nightmare!

Is there some kind of message in this? What is the symbolism of the brown snake? And why was it trying to get me?

We get a lot of tree snakes at our house and we have seen a few of late so was the dream just a coincidence or was there real meaning/message? Im not sure.

rainboweve

Well, I'm not sure about the snake being brown but for me personally the snake represents temptation. Is there a situation in your waking life where you feel tempted by something, but don't want to do it? It's like the situation is haunting you, whatever it is is being dangled right in front of you, so easy for you to grasp, but, you know that acting on it would be wrong in some way, so you are trying to run away from it. That's my guess anyway :)

ravynangel

deleted :)

danieljuk

snakes are a real common anxiety dream! one of top 3 along with realising you are naked in public and your teeth falling out.

I have also had a snake chasing dream but really you are running from something scary. Perhaps it's a stressful time or you have to deal with something. The actual chased by a snake really says anxiety to me. But snakes as a symbol have so many meanings, wisdom, medicine, but also it's a threat and a danger.

I had a look up online about the colour 'brown' and it's most important what it means to you but it could represent the earth or the ground. It also represents the domestic and materialism. Perhaps there is anxiety in some way around that.

I had an awful dream once of a giant snake chasing me around the world. I kept running across all these continents and it kept following. The dream kept coming up. I decided the next time I dream of it to face this fear in the dream. What happens next? if you dream of this again, stop running and face the snake. This could be a symbol that you need to face something in the dream world and the real world. It's not as bad as you think (and who wants to run forever :) )