Lammasu in a dream?

Chronata

I don't know if this should be here or in Spirituality...(moderator...please feel free to move it!)

The other night I had a dream, that seemed significant, but I feel lost on meaning.

In the dream I went into a "haunted house" that offered the opportunity to dig for diamonds.

I found many shiny gems while digging, including small bright diamonds, and refined colored gems.

Then suddenly, a spirit manifested, which wasn,t surprising, since I knew the house was haunted.
What was surprising was that instead of a ghost, the spirit that manifested was a winged lion with a human head. In the dream I was excited to see a spirit manifestation, and didn't feel frightened ...as I usually do in ghost dreams.

And that was basically it, for the dream.
A significant aside...Since I went diamond mining last week, every night, I have dreamed about finding diamonds. Which makes sense, since I didn't actually find any in real life!

I googled the winged lion...and discovered that it is an Assyrian symbol called a Lammasu.
But other than it being a dungeons and dragons monster...I can't find anything else about what it could mean...

Is it good? or bad?
it felt good in the dream.

I

celticnoodle

I googled lammasu too, in hopes that I could find out for you. I took it as a good dream, one that foretells good things for you--especially as you were calm in the dream and feel it is a good omen too.

Anyway, here at this site, http://www.crystalinks.com/wingedlions.html, I see that it is symbolic of peace.

read further down and you'll find this information:
The lamassu is a celestial being from Mesopotamian mythology. Human above the waist and a bull below the waist, it also has the horns and the ears of a bull. It appears frequently in Mesopotamian art, sometimes with wings. The lamassu and shedu were household protective spirits of the common Babylonian people. Later during the Babylonian period they became the protectors of kings as well always placed at the entrance. Statues of the bull-man were often used as gatekeepers. The Akkadians associated the god Papsukkal with lamassu and the god Isum with shedu.

To protect houses, the lamassu were engraved in clay tablets, which were then buried under the door's threshold.They were often placed as a pair at the entrance of palaces. At the entrance of cities, they were sculpted in colossal size, and placed as a pair, one at each side of the door of the city, that generally had doors in the surrounding wall, each one looking towards one of the cardinal points.

I found this very interesting that it was used to protect houses and you were in a huanted house in your dream! I wonder if it is indicating that you and your home will be protected and have peace, and perhaps even the diamonds have significance in your dream (other then the fact that you were recently digging for diamonds), that you are well taken care of.

so, to sum it up--your dream is telling you that you and your 'home' are safe and will continue to be so. You will have peace and a stable home. (stable due to the gems).

I hope this helps.

Mellaenn

Cool dream, Chronata!

I got much the same vibe off of the dream that Celticnoodle did, only the first impression I got when I saw the term "Haunted House" was the notion that you might benefit from excavating an old creative project of yours, or at least that is what my intuition is telling me. A house in dream-speak is a manifestation of one's spirit and the fact that you were not only looking for, but finding wonderful gems tells me that there is something worth digging for.

The appearance of the winged lion with a human head that your research and CN's shows to be a benevolent spirit seems to bode well and give blessings to your efforts to resurrect this. Does this resonate in any way?

Just my two cents...

Chronata

Thank you both so much for taking the time to give me some great info!

This is wonderful symbolism...and I am going to do more research on it!

I do feel like I have all these silly fears lately(that really don't have any basis in facts)
and the Lammasu is a nice way for the Universe to say "we got you covered".

Often I have the reoccuring Haunted House dreams. Usually it's one room in a specific house, that has a scary presence.

For me the House can be a symbol of my Soul...or sometimes my Mind.
And a haunted one means I am feeling haunted by some responsibility or project that I need to get done.

Starri Knytes

I haven't Googled anything I'm just winging it here. But it seems to me that we all have a scary place within us that tries to keep us from the bright bounty we are deserving and capable of.

To me it seems that it's time for you to increase, to grow to the brightness of a new spiritual level. But in order to do so you must first conquer that scary place you hide deep inside. Not to worry though, you're mentally prepared, your journey will be swift and you will have a fearce and steadfast protector at your side.

Good luck sweetie :heart:

headincloud

Hi, this is how it looks from my angle

In the dream I went into a "haunted house" that offered the opportunity to dig for diamonds.

---The haunted house may be an analogy for facing fears and the diamonds may be an analogy for your gifts so there may be a golden opportunity.

I found many shiny gems while digging, including small bright diamonds, and refined colored gems.

---The small bright diamonds may be an analogy for your untainted spiritual gifts, the refined coloured gems may represent all that is pleasing to the eye but fall into the devil's domain they're semi-precious in comparison.

Then suddenly, a spirit manifested, which wasn't surprising, since I knew the house was haunted.

---Confrontation of the spiritual world first calls for confrontation of yourself which is the digging process, metaphorically digging inside yourself

What was surprising was that instead of a ghost, the spirit that manifested was a winged lion with a human head.

---Perhaps it was only surprising because of your current conception of 'haunted' or 'ghosts' but once we've faced ourselves we're freed from fear and granted manifestation of our full potential. Book of Revelation, 4:7, where the throne of God is described: "And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle."

---Plus obvious associations with the world card in the tarot, the stage you're at spiritually.

In the dream I was excited to see a spirit manifestation, and didn't feel frightened ...as I usually do in ghost dreams.

---A gentle break through in self understanding granting primary access to the spiritual world may well be up ahead for you

since I went diamond mining last week, every night, I have dreamed about finding diamonds. Which makes sense, since I didn't actually find any in real life!

---Interesting perception of real life. The dream seems to raise the question what kind of diamonds are you searching for and are you looking in the wrong place? our greatest wealth lies in the spiritual because that's where our gifts reside and those gifts will bring us financial wealth and success if love is our goal.

I googled the winged lion...and discovered that it is an Assyrian symbol called a Lammasu.

---It's protective and may signal the entrance to the spiritual. Look out for ace wands, world and other empowerment cards in your spreads for further info

Is it good? or bad?

---Neither, it's awesome

I[/QUOTE]

Chronata

Thank you Starri and headincloud!

I like both of your interpretations, and they have given me a lot to think about!