Opinions on: Tarot Spreads

What is your opinion about tarot spreads?

• I prefer the classics. (Three card, Celtic Cross, Twelve Houses)

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • I like to use all kinds of spreads people have made.

Votes: 65 53.3%
  • I tend to make up my own spreads to suit the needs of the reading.

Votes: 34 27.9%
  • Spreads?? We don’t need no stinkin’ spreads!!!!

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • None of the above, my opinion is…….

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters

donnystordock

Difficult choice

There are times when I use the classics. There are times when the insight of others helps me. And there are times when I make up my own spreads to fit the situations I encounter.

I didn't really like the question. You could only choose one. Most the time I don't need a spread. Just use common sense. I wish there was an all of the above answer. But they gave us none of the above instead.

Emeraldgirl

I voted all kinds of spreads. All kinds would include the classics right? And I think that sometimes you need something different and other people may have come up with a spread that suits the situation perfectly.

Breathhh

spreads...

I tend to make up a spread for the moment, the intention. While I'm doing tthis, my mind and heart are remembering all llllll the spreads that are of classical value and the ones I have been introduced to by others. A quick gathering of these spreads in my mind, with the intentional question/or not, of the seeker, helps me to feel out the right spread in this right moment. I may choose a classical spread as that may feel exactly right.
peace
breathhh

Hazel

all kinds & invent too

Raven Reed said:
I like using all different spreads, but I will make up my own if I can't find one that matches what I need.

same as Raven. :)

contradiction

I voted "none of the above", because there was not a choice for "all of the above". I know, how can you do all, when some questions exclude the others? When reading for myself, or others at home, I usually just do what ever feels right. Sometimes, a classic, sometimes I make up one. But, I do enjoy doing spreads others make up, and post here, when I am just reading to be reading, or reading in a Circle.

Tabby

All Kinds of Spreads

I voted all kinds of spreads because I feel the more spreads I use the more familiar I can get with the cards. Hence, in the longrun making me a better tarot reader.

Maelin

I voted for the classics. I do try new spreads, ones I have seen here - AT members are so much more imaginative than I ( Lark's 5 card being my current favourite alternate)- but for all its faults, I always end up back at the old CC, because of its ability to offer multiple mini spreads and combos, and because after 25 years, I think I might actually be getting a handle on it!

Best wishes

Elven

I voted for the classic spreads, I have seen a few great variations I like on the celtic cross. I have just started to be inspired to make up my own and am having great fun with these - and getting a better feel for the cards through them, so if you asked me in a months time, I think I'd be going with some of the other great spreads around!

Earthly Virgo

Well I put my hand up for the classics...but that is out of devilment because another tarot forum (who will remain unnamed!) used to say vehemently that no one of any worth would use the Celtic Cross. I love the CC but I also use the ones that WalesWoman makes up because she has the knack of making ones up that are just what I need at the time.

Cielo

I voted using my own spreads...most of the time I find it easier to address a reading with specific questions regarding the issue at hand. But I often use spreads posted by other people here too, many are very inspiring! :)