Saturn Spread

Ahruke

My good friend mike tought me this one about 4 years ago but i can't remember how you lay the cards out. He said you lay 9 cards in a way that if you made 9 squares and put the number where each card would so then each rox, column and diagonal would equal 15 (is it even possible first).

The Hanged Man

Hi Ahruke,

I believe you are referring to the Seal of Saturn, and the cards would be layed out as follows:

There are also seals for the six other visible planets, and they do make very interesting ideas for spreads. ;)

Interesting how the number 15 in the Tarot is traditionally associated with 'The Devil', and that 'Saturn' is the etymological derivation of the word 'Satan'. Causes me to wonder about the nature of things that such a spread would reveal.

Ahruke

thanks for the quick response The hanged man! I didn't know about the other stuff though, guess my friend forgot to mention that.

The Hanged Man

Thanks to you too Ahruke.

I say this because I always lay out nine card spreads in the form of a square, but not in this order, but now you have reminded me about the Seal of Saturn, I can't think that I will lay the sequence of cards out in any other order again!

The 15/Devil/Saturn/Satan thing was something I just thought of after I'd posted, and added on in edit.

Ahruke

now i'll have to ask my friend what each column stand for (the rows are for past present and furute).

The Hanged Man

Here is another, the Seal of Jupiter, where all rows, columns and diaginals add to 34:

The tables for the other planets are rather large, but here's a link if you're interested:

http://www.brigids-haven.com/bos/info/tables.html

The Hanged Man

Ahruke said:
now i'll have to ask my friend what each column stand for (the rows are for past present and furute).

I'd see the horizontal rows, as spirit, mind and body.

linabeet

So what would the meanings for this spread be?

The Hanged Man

I suppose you could see the columns as past, present and future, as Ahruke said, and the rows as spirit, mind and body. Other sequences of threes could be thought up of course. I would imagine that there would also have to be some significance attached to the order in which the cards are layed out, as well as bearing in mind the 15/Devil, Saturn/Satan link. This is food for thought. I'll have to get my thinking cap on about this.

Any ideas folks?

x

SerpentaAzothi

Hi, another thought since 15=Devil=Capricorn=666 another name for 666 is the sun, and The Devil 15=6= Tiphereth the sun. So underlying all of this is properties of the sun. Plus adding 3 6's = 18 = moon. Maybe:

1=Sun
2=moon
3=jupiter
4=uranus
5=mercury
6=venus
7=neptune
8=saturn
9=mars/pluto

Then you would have all of the planets. In one square, the sun ruling all of them. With the moon underneath, love under will.

Very interesting.

Serpenta