• [color=gold]Many different spreads.[/color]

Votes: 45 45.5%
  • [color=yellow]I don't use spreads at all.[/color]

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters

Talisman

How I fudged my vote

'Lo all,

I just voted for one spread only, but actually the Talisman spread contains a three-card spread so sometimes I just use that part.

I love Tarot decks, reading reviews, looking at pictures, and eagerly seek out the new ones you guys mention. But I use only one deck, and feel no compulsion to collect others.

Same way with spreads. I'm delighted everytime someone posts a new one, and relish the ideas offered. But I only really ever use one, 'cause it works for me.

When I use just the three-card part, I often think body-mind-spirit.

This is from a chapter titled "The Sacred Tripod" in the book "Beyond Backpacking" by Ray Jardine.

(The "tripod" is three sticks fastened at the top and used to suspend a cooking pot over a small camp fire.)

"Because the three legs of the cook-fire's tripod are meant to work together, each one must be strong and capable. No matter how robust one, or even two legs are, if the third leg is feeble then the entire tripod lacks strength. And so it is with us. If we have neglected to develop our physical, intellectual or our spiritual facets equally, then we will have limited ourselves, and this can make for a lopsided, weak and unbalanced journey through life. However, if equally developed, our body, mind and spirit will actually work together synergistically, and make us exceptionally capable in whatever our pursuits . . .

"Obviously, there is no one right gym to exercise in, while all others lead to the demise of muscle tone. Nor is there one right university to study at while all others corrupt the mind. In the same sense, there seems to be no one right way or place to connect with the infinite. How we develop our physical, intellectual and spiritual qualities is not so important. What is important is that we do develop them. And that we do so without judging others for their choices . . ."

Anyway, if you'd like to read the whole chapter, it is posted at www.rayjardine.com.

'Cause I enjoy reading people's thoughts and ideas about spreads, I'm absolutely delighted this forum was created. Cheers to Solandia and all involved.

But, 'cause I wanted one "do-everything" spread I could lay out automatically without thinking about it, I always use the Talisman. (All that blue bandanna stuff, you know.)

And I was super happy when Major Tom told me this "teacup" was featured in March on his new Tarot calendar. Here's the best part: The Tarot artist featured that month is Kayne!

Talisman

allibee

I'm a two spread sort of person.
My fav is my horseshoe which I double up the cards on, but if occasion demands I change the meanings of some of the positions - as in: same TV, different movie - and the close second is my relationship spread.
I made one up recently that seemed to work in Red Emmas reading, but on the whole I stick to what feels comfy.
I'm really not at home reading for people with less than five cards, but that's just me.

allibee

Pollux

I voted for the couple of favourite ones.
Simple Cross, Celtic Cross, Star of David, Horseshoe spread, Astrologic Houses (Birthday), Three Card spreads and a couple of those I have invented in time and I liked enough not to remove them (like Tarotphelia's Next Spiritual Step ;)).

Trish

Me -- well, for daily things, I just like using three-card spreads. I'll do a larger spread once every 2 or 3 weeks or so.

When it comes to larger spreads, If I find something I like, I use it. I'm still trying out a lot of different spreads, and picking the ones I am most comfortable with. ;)

I found a really great site that I've been getting and using a lot of spreads from -- I think I may have even come across it here ... http://www.tarotspreads.com -- I just love it! hehe!

jema

i answered many different but i really only use about three and then i make up new ones myself all the time or modify the ones i already made. but in the end it mean that i do indeed use a lot of spreads.
and almost all of them have only 3-7 cards.

bec

I use 2 spreads only if I go for the save side. If I read for me self or close friends I use all the spreads I can get me hands on and make some me self too. But for "save" readings I go for the ol' faves.

Trogon

I voted "many different". I use the CC, a 5-card past/present/future, and several variations of the 3-card spread as well as a 7-carder. There's a few others I use on special occasions, but these are what I use most. Good poll Kayne...

Sulis

I voted for a couple of favorite spreads as I usually use either a 3 card spread or a 5 card spread. I`m always on the lookout for new ones though.

Love and light

Crystalmynx xx

RingTheory

I voted many, also, though I've readers that just used one, and that worked fine.

Just some spreads I use: three-card, CC, horeshoe, ankh, split hexagram, astrological, 21-card Romany, elemental, Old English, tree of life, opening opf the key, mandala,,,for me, more cards=more information.....

zander770

i voted for 2 spreads, but . . .

. . . is REALLY depends upon (a) how much money they have (at hand, or "close by" and; (b) how "attractive" they are ("long, red hair?" add an additional spread!

i agree w/phoenix; i attempt to use an "appropriate" spread to a specific question, but a few of my favorites (esp for gen readings) are: kraig's "split hexagram"; levi's "wheel";vashka's "karmic pull"; niki's "body spread"; and (esp for ME)--the "writer's spread"! also, i do a lot of golden dawn spreads.

i've only recently came back to the "c.c." and am enjoying it, much more (used to really REALLY dislike it).

chk out this 49 card spread!!!

http://www.tarotspreads.com/ShowSpread.api?Spread=Solar

~Z~770
})