The Gothic Tarot by Vargo - II The High Priestess

annik

Yeah, pretty hungry but I find a little sensuous side to her. Very inviting!

Emeraldgirl

She is very inviting even if she does look like she will devour you. I think she is prone to mood swings when things don't go her way. For example if you were to come across her temple and she invited/seduced you in and you refused then she turns and it ain't pretty.

chrisam-crystals

now i see it is as being horus on her right hand side - life on one side and death on the other.

the winged sun disk above her head also reinforces this, as horus decreed that this symbol must always be brought into any sanctuary in which he dwelt.

although she is dead herself, the ankh symbol of life is prevalent all around her - above and below her, inscibed on the pillars and also around her neck - so she is the giver of knowledge and also life......but what kind of life?

is it a life immortal.........will she bite and feed and turn YOU into what she is?

but will that be a bad thing?

to gain knowledge of all that is, surely a life that never ends would be a plus point........so much time to learn all that is.

thye only thing which perplexes me though is the usage of the horned disc headress, as it is a symbol of hathor and was only attributed to isis a long time afterwards in history.

the high priestess screams out isis to me, whereas hathor is more akin to the empress.....i would have preferred it if the symbolic headress had been omitted really.