"Lenormand Decks: Easy to Not Easy" for Reading.

celticnoodle

I was recently checking out the "What's New" forum here (see upper right of the screen), and there is a new Lenormand out called, "Story in Color Lenormand". You can find it here: "http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/story-in-color-lenormand/

Now, that really looks tough! I love the colors they use and such but I would NEVER want that deck as a Lenormand. I'm surprised its even called a Lenormand deck, save that they do happen to have the name of each card on them.

I happen to love the Ancient Lenormand, the Piatnik Lenormand and others that I don't have right beside me at this point in time, which are great to read with. For Lenormand reading, I much prefer a simple picture of the card. I am looking forward to the Anna K Lenormand too though. I think that deck is absolutely beautiful! I also have Dreaming Way, Blue Bird and a few others that are great to read with too & I would recommend to beginners as well.

Also on the "What's New" forum here, I was looking at the "Fairy Tale Lenormand" and I find that looks very nice too. At least the pictures there are simple enough without having to do a double take to figure out what the card is, and the title and number is also included on the card.

I prefer having the title and card number on the card. I also like having the corresponding playing card number/suit included, though that isn't really a must have.

I have also been eyeing the Celtic Lenormand by Will Worthington. I like that deck, but have yet to purchase it. I esp. love that moon card, shown in here in its review.

greatdane

I'm with Celticnoodle

I want to look at a Lenormand card and just think Bear, Mice, etc. IF I have to guess, not my deck. My Lenormand decks are all in my profile and are all easy for me to instantly read. I choose a deck based on being able to read it instantly out of the box. I don't want to have to guess my first go through.

THAT, to me, is one of the defining characteristics of Lenormand, you don't even need a title (although I get why many like them). CROSS, SUN, MOON, all should be so quickly read.

Otherwise, it's just a 36 card deck. IF I NEED a title to know the card....not one I want.

But the beauty of so many decks is there IS something for everyone and I am just glad there are so many I like :).

DownUnderNZer

"Dreaming Way" you would have to pay me to use it and that is just based on the "Fox" card alone.

If I was going off of that image as an absolute beginner that woman would throw me off completely not knowing what "Fox" meant. One other ATer said she got "Snake" and her sitter asked how she got "jealousy" from it - it was from the tattoo on the woman.

So, maybe not a deck for absolute beginners.

For me personally - not a deck I would use or need to if it comes down to it.

DND :)

DownUnderNZer

Next up will be "Titania's deck" and one other that I have not used yet only maybe on the weekend.

PS I am thinking of getting the Anna K Lenormand as some of the images I do like - not all.

tarotlova

Next up will be "Titania's deck" and one other that I have not used yet only maybe on the weekend.

PS I am thinking of getting the Anna K Lenormand as some of the images I do like - not all.

That was the very first Lenormand deck I ever brought and learnt from, I got amazingly accurate readings from it for years, and it ended up tattered and worn. But for some reason the readings just went off, they were all doom and gloom and I ended up throwing them out. First deck I have ever threw out, I had it on Orphalese which I can't use anymore due to having an iMac now unfortunately but it was the same thing its almost like the deck is cursed lol so I use the Gilded and Albumen Lenormand the most but I do have the Blue Owl one but I do not use it as much now.

Village Witch

"Dreaming Way" you would have to pay me to use it and that is just based on the "Fox" card alone.

I actually liked the Fox card. I saw the sneaky, watching and waiting, plotting side of the Fox. I imagine him sliding off the shoulders of the lady and scampering away. :-D

Dreaming Way can take a bit of getting used it, but I found it a quirky fun deck.

DownUnderNZer

"Lilac Dondorf" (Remade Version).

Another unused deck, but just pulled it out to give it a quick go!

Simple and plain with perfect to see numbers. I like that this has TWO MEN and TWO WOMEN facing in different directions.

Not too keen on the SUN or the MOON cards only as the colors are faded, so not easy to tell. In fact, at first I thought the SUN card was the CLOUDS. But this is only minor really as on the whole it is a workable deck with solid images on the most part.

Great card stock and easy to shuffle.

DownUnderNZer

"Game of Hope". (Remake version).

Yet another unused deck that has only been brought out to see the light of day!

The numbers are easy to make out as well as the images only some images are not the best like the small SNAKE wrapped around a large tree trunk plus the BOUQUET looking like it could be on top of a coffin. As for BIRDS and MICE they are BIRD and MOUSE, so singular. STAR too. It is just how the deck would have been back then - not for any other reason. Plain colors, so nothing vibrant.

I think it is a readable deck in the way that most images are easy to make out, and if not, the numbers would be enough to go on instead.

Although I have it - not one I would need to use when the BLUE OWL covers everything perfectly.

DownUnderNZer

"Titania Hardie: Fortune Cards".

Another one that has been boxed away only for many years compared to the others.

These cards are on the large side like the "Gilded Reverie" only the card stock is a bit more thin perhaps, but still decent enough. Easy to shuffle and to work out.

The backs on these are fabulous - like mini pictures of all the images.

What I like about this deck is the colors are different and vibrant and on each card is just one main image or theme. No numbers, card inserts, or verses/poems.

A deck that is easy to work with without distractions and is simple yet colorful.

Shame it is no longer in print.

DownUnderNZer

I have actually seen more of this deck over the weekend on another site and those images I saw were cool.

I think the ones that have "women" in it might not be my cup of tea at all.

If I was just learning and saw an image of FOX like that I would think other things first if I made the mistake of doing "intuitive" or going off initial "impressions" like: Fake, Superficial, Classy lady, Materialistic, Cruelty to animals, Fashion queen etc.

Words like "Deceit" and "Cunning" would probably be right at the bottom or not at all.

I actually liked the Fox card. I saw the sneaky, watching and waiting, plotting side of the Fox. I imagine him sliding off the shoulders of the lady and scampering away. :-D

Dreaming Way can take a bit of getting used it, but I found it a quirky fun deck.