The Cards as characters/people?

Remember Your Card

Hey, you know how sometimes in stories or movies or whatever they'll have characters that represent Tarot cards? Like, a character will represent the themes and tropes and meaning of a card? Justice League Dark did this, Now You See Me did this, there was a movie called "Knight of Cups", and the titular Knight of Cups was this charming womanizer type guy who pursued several women in succession. Everybody gets what I'm driving at, right?

What I'd like to do is do this for all the cards, effectively putting together a list of all the cards, but interpreted as characters. And I wanna get you guys' opinions on what cards would be who.

There are some easy ones, like Death, that's usually someone or something that has to do with actual death. Like maybe an undead guy. Or a mortician. Or The Devil, probably someone hedonistic who enjoys carnal pleasures, or someone wicked, or someone chaotic. Or The Sun, probably someone cheerful and positive. You all still get what I'm after, right? Maybe 6 of Cups would be a child, or someone as innocent as a child, or someone with something to do with children, like maybe a nanny/caretaker? If you have any opinions/visions on what kinds of people the cards would make, I'd love to hear all of them.

Brown sparrow

The only cards I have naturually formed character perceptions of are the high priestess - she's the clairvoyant, calm quiet and powerful woman - i'm sure most of us here can relate to her. And the magician - he's the fast talking, jack of all trades charmer but don't assume you know him regardless of how close you to seem to be - he doesn't let many people in to the real him. He's deeper than most would judge (can also apply to a woman of course)

Remember Your Card

The only cards I have naturually formed character perceptions of are the high priestess - she's the clairvoyant, calm quiet and powerful woman - i'm sure most of us here can relate to her. And the magician - he's the fast talking, jack of all trades charmer but don't assume you know him regardless of how close you to seem to be - he doesn't let many people in to the real him. He's deeper than most would judge (can also apply to a woman of course)

Would the Magician maybe be some kind of sorcerer?

Brown sparrow

Would the Magician maybe be some kind of sorcerer?

An illusionist yes. You would wonder is he a sorcerer or a smokes and mirrors guy? Every time you thought you knew, he'd confuse you again!

Ix Chel

I love this topic. Do we only do this with the majors.
Death can also be a zombie, because it has transformed itself (Mayby I am looking to much at the Walking Death)
The High Priestes reminds me of Galadriel from Lord of the Rings.

Rachx

Ix Chel she does to me as well that's ace! She is so elvish it's unreal - good call xx

ihcoyc

Greta Garbo would be my first choice for Queen of Swords; Queen of Coins is Sophia Loren.

rwcarter

The Fool could be a thrill-seeker type, as could the KnW. It all depends on whether they're doing it for the experience or for the adrenaline rush.

The Hierophant could be a teacher or a village elder or anyone who has historical knowledge.

2P could obviously be a juggler.

5S could be a bully.

4P could be Ebeneezer Scrooge.

4W could be an event planner or organizer.

10W could be a manual laborer.

6C could be someone who lives in the past and for whom the past was "the good ole days" even if they weren't.

Rodney

Remember Your Card

I love this topic. Do we only do this with the majors.
Death can also be a zombie, because it has transformed itself (Mayby I am looking to much at the Walking Death)
The High Priestes reminds me of Galadriel from Lord of the Rings.

My hope is to do with with all of the cards, major and minor. Glad you like the thread!

EmpyreanKnight

The Chariot seems very much like a military general, the King of Pentacles is a business titan as rich as Croesus, and the Queen of Cups is a femme fatale, a courtesan of the first water.