World as a physical object?

Sibylline

I was thinking something related to saturn too...so something heavy, dark colored maybe black, cold so lead or metal, pot.

And with ace cups yes a chalice makes sense or a mug, or a trophy even like you already said.

Something sentimental with the ace cups so something that would mean something.

Aha! A mug. I could totally see that. I also feel like it would be something sentimental given that it's a gift from the heart, so to speak.

Sibylline

A planet. A stone. A bale of hay. A solar system. A galaxy. A mudpie. A meal. Your intestines.

The ability to gift wrap a bale of hay, or one's intestines, would certainly earn any woman's respect.

It could be as simple as an invitation to a meal. That seems reasonable. Perhaps I'll do another spread and see whether food and drink cards come out.

Here's something else...mudpie just made me think of a gift certificate to a spa that specializes in mud treatments. :laugh:

Grizabella

Maybe a cruise to another part of the world, with lots of champagne and maybe even a proposal? Or if this has just been a friend situation for awhile, taking it to the next level by vowing his love?

Sibylline

I initially thought like you did, I mean World + Ace of Cups = World full of Water = snow globe. Or it could be a ticket to a Water World-type theme park, or a movie/book about The Great Flood like Aronofsky's "Noah", or best of all, one of my favorite books by J. G. Ballard: "The Drowned World".

Ha, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of a snow globe. I, too, saw a world full of water. With that in mind, a water theme park can totally fall under the purview of the world+ ace of cups.

She's into books and movies. I'm sure she would be impressed with an Aronofsky film. Very cool, EmpyreanKnight!

Sibylline

Oooh, depending on the size a genuine Hermès scarf will set you back half a thousand bucks I think. If that was indeed his gift, she must really consider how to harness this bolt of good fortune to her advantage.

Bolt of good fortune of the Hermes variety. If that's the gift, then she is one lucky lady. The rest of the spread did indicate that he wanted to stand out from the crowd. A Hermes scarf would certainly do that.

Sibylline

indeed! hahaha. but there are other makers of silk scarfs like the metropolitan museum of art who make gorgeous silk scarves that won't crush your pocketbook.

but those hermes scarves with the ballet dancers are just gorgeous! :) gorgeous.

eta: met scarves:
http://store.metmuseum.org/apparel/scarves/icat/scarves

Indeed! How could I forget the met museum store? When I have more time, I need to go through their catalog and see whether anything sparks my intuition...or sparks my interest in retail therapy. :D

Sibylline

A ring (like Saturn's)... With a tear-jerkingly romantic proposal, or just a big, wet kiss (AC). :p

Oooo, Saturn's rings = actual ring. I have to write that one down in my journal. They're not close enough for a ring or a proposal, but I can totally see how the ace and the world could indicate that.

And, yup, maybe these cards don't indicate an actual object, but an action. A big wet kiss could be it. Thanks, IndigoWaves!

Sibylline

Maybe a cruise to another part of the world, with lots of champagne and maybe even a proposal? Or if this has just been a friend situation for awhile, taking it to the next level by vowing his love?

This guy is of the hopeless romantic variety, but they're not romantically involved yet. So I can see a luxe evening cruise to impress her. Hmmm, perhaps the ace of cups indicates a physical location (like the ocean) where he would try to take it to the next level and declare his affection for her. Thanks, Grizabella!

Grizabella

I forgot it was to be a physical object, but still the idea of a nice cruise and some champagne sounds romantic to me.

Here in the Pacific northwest, we don't have too many cruises except to Alaska I don't think, but some areas have restaurants right on the water and I think there are paddle boats that you can take to have a river cruise while dining. That's romantic enough if it's not an actual ocean cruise.

I hope you'll come back and update us as to what the birthday festivities included. :) And happy birthday, by the way! :)