Oh, boy...

Mordraenen

Walked into the bedroom to put away some laundry, and what was laying on the floor next to the bed? The King of Swords, looking right up at me with his sword in one hand and his other raised in a warding-off gesture. The best I can come up with is someone planning my husband harm (it was on his side)

I'm almost afraid to ask, but what do you all think?

Mordraenen

Ashara

In my opinion the King of Swords is a card of logic and analysing, does your husband (or you) have a current situation you can't seem to figure out? The key seems to be reasonable thinking and logic.

ana luisa

I hope you don´t find me disrepectful but the first thing that came to my mind was the message from Star Wars. I guess the card was telling you that the FORCE was on your husbands side ( I tend to see the swords as powerful tools). And, this was probably a message from his spiritual mentor, too.
Definetely not negative at all!

Mordraenen

Whew! That makes me feel a lot better. The King of Swords always gives me the heebie-jeebies for reasons I can't explain. He puts me in mind of very aggressive men who are quick to anger. I know that's not what he's supposed to represent, but there it is. Maybe it's because he's holding a weapon. Maybe it's because I've known a lot of men just like that. Whatever the reason, I always think of physical danger at the hands of another when I see that card.

Obviously, I have a lot more to learn...

Ashara

May I ask what deck you have, maybe I can get more off it when I see the right card. That is of course, if you would like that. Just my personal oppinion, but I think your association does has something to do with your past. Very personal question and you don't have to answer: Are you afraid that your husband will become like the other men you have known who where like that? IF so, this card tells you that you have to be logical about it. What kind of agressive behaviour has he shown in the past? Is he even capable of violent behaviour? You don't have to answer of course, but just think about it...

Thirteen

Mordraenen said:
Walked into the bedroom to put away some laundry, and what was laying on the floor next to the bed? The King of Swords, looking right up at me with his sword in one hand and his other raised in a warding-off gesture. The best I can come up with is someone planning my husband harm (it was on his side)
Kind of an odd interpetation for a fallen card. Off hand, I supsect all it simply means is you need to talk to your husband in bed tonight. He's got a lot on his mind, is having trouble making a judgement, and would probably have a clearer mind if he could just talk things out with someone--namely you.

But if you're really worried then do a reading. Take the King/Sword and put him out on the table. Shuffle the deck and lay five cards around the King/Swords--the question you are asking is "How does this card relate to":

1) Husband's communications, information, mental state (lay card down to the left)
2) Your husband's energy, career or goals (lay card up above King/Swords)
3) Love, family, home (Lay card to the right)
4) Your husband's physical well being, finances, job (Set card below King/Swords)
5) Advice on how to proceed: lay card over King/Swords

You seem to be reading King/Swords as "general" harm to your husband, but it's the King/Swords. That limits the type of harm to harm from from a bad judgement (either his or someone else's). Either that or he's going to come down with the flu ;) Doing a clarification reading like this will help you specify where the harm is coming from or going to, and make things better.

Mordraenen

Hi Ashara,

The deck in question is the Ancient Tarot of Lombardy.

You know who I actually thought of when I saw it? A guy that works with my husband, but who is higher on the ladder. He is a manager, so making decisions is part of his job, but he also treats his employees worse than dog poo on a sidewalk in the middle of July. His way of communicating with them is to yell and degrade them, and he was like that with my husband, Andrew, as well until he found out that Andrew was a Freemason like himself. Overall, he is a demanding, verbally abusive and thoughtless person who really only cares about himself.

I guess the thing I worried about most was that this guy would somehow manipulate things to work against Andrew, especially now, since there are lay-offs looming over them, and it's always easy to get someone laid off during these times. Indeed, this guy has been known to do it!

Mordraenen