Alchemical symbolism and iconography

Astraea

Welcome to Aeclectic! The Alchemical Tarot is one of my favorites, and I am studying the Buddha deck as we speak. The Tarot of the Saints and your Angels deck occupy special positions in my collection, as well. Your scholarship and direct, evocative artistic style are much appreciated.

Sorry to temporarily hijack the thread, Rusty Neon -- just had to greet Mr. Place!

Diana

Welcome to Aeclectic, Robert! And thank you for having made your first post in the wonderful History and Iconography section. :)

I had a copy once of your deck, without the book unfortunately. Perhaps if I had had the book, I would have kept it, but it was not very useful to me without the book. It seemed to me too closely related to the Waite-Colman-Smith tarot deck, which I no longer study.

A very beautiful deck it was indeed. Very impressive, even without the book. I regret sometimes not having kept it.

Your web-site is a most agreeable place to stroll in. :)

I would be most curious to see what deck you would make if it were based on a Tarot of Marseille.

robert m place

alchemy and Tarot

Although I have influences from the Wait-Smith and from older historic decks, all of my decks are based on the Tarot of Marseilles. You will notice that the order of the trumps in my decks is always in the order of the Tarot of Marseilles and that except for the Buddha Tarot I use the older names for the minor suits: coins instead of pentacles and staffs instead of wands.