Various editions of Grimauds

Inconnu

I've been all over the place with different style packs through the years, but I've always been especially attracted to the old types. Original Riders, Llewellyn Crowleys & Marseilles. My interest in Tarot lapsed for a few years but I've recently become interested again, with special focus on the Marseilles. I don't know why, but there it is.

I'm grateful to find facsimile editions of some of the old packs. Some tend to be a bit too fragile for practical use, but great to have the opportunity to hold these images in my hands for study.

I've been using a Grimaud pack as my workhorse. I like the traditional images & connection to the historic imagery.

Here's an old thread I think merits resurrection.

http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=57491&highlight=collectors

Richard

I wonder why Grimaud switched to the darker blue. It obscures details.

Attachment. Left: Dusserre facsimile of an early Marteau-Grimaud. Right: More recent edition.

Attachments

• moon.jpg
    moon.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 125

Inconnu

I wonder why Grimaud switched to the darker blue. It obscures details.

Attachment. Left: Dusserre facsimile of an early Marteau-Grimaud. Right: More recent edition.

I don't know why but you're right. Mine has the dark blue. I much prefer the lighter blue.

Richard

I don't know why but you're right. Mine has the dark blue. I much prefer the lighter blue.
It's a mystery, I guess. Maybe the darker blue was less expensive (which seems unlikely, since you can cheaply lighten a darker ink by simply diluting it).