Thoth study group (Individual cards)

zorya

the hanged man

hi jema, i haven't been participating in this group, and i don't have crowley's book. as no one else seems to be posting, maybe i could try to help a little. perhaps what crowley is saying by self-sacrifice and redemption being wrong and a bad idea, is that one should not sacrifice self, but sacrifice one's ego. every man and woman a star; we are all made of the light, our ego's are not our selves. let go of them. the grid pattern represent those patterns and habits that restrict and limit us, that we need to release. the blank face could represent letting go of ego concerns, a state of non-judgement, a state "bearing witness", a releasing of fear, anger, a state of just "being".

jema

Re: the hanged man

zorya said:
the blank face could represent letting go of ego concerns, a state of non-judgement, a state "bearing witness", a releasing of fear, anger, a state of just "being".

hey, i like that!
you gave me something to ponder there.

Angel Star

I would be very interested in this study group as the Toth deck was like the 3rd deck I picked up and it grew on me quite fast. I had information about why the 3 magician cards from the owner of the metaphysical store I bought them from but I don't remember now what he said. He owned the deck and I bought it from what I had seen of his deck. This deck is one of my personal favorites for doing readings just for myself. It really gets in depth at times. I use all 3 cards when I read cause I always forget to take the other 2 out. Only a couple of times did all the Magician cards show up and that was at a time that I was having someone throwing black magick at me. Other than that only 1 always shows up, unless of course I throw down the whole deck which I have never had to. This sounds like an interesting study group looking forward to it. Take care all. :)

coldsuns

I only have 1 Magus in my deck! Am i able to get the other 2?