The Threes -

Shade

Those cards certainly are, well they are, well they're certainly good evidence for my argument that tarot decks made by a different collaborator for each card, while interesting, are not cohesive enough to make for a useful tarot deck.

I love my Fantasy Showcase Tarot but it doens't read too well.

tarotbear

Shade said:
Those cards certainly are, well they are, well they're certainly good evidence for my argument that tarot decks made by a different collaborator for each card, while interesting, are not cohesive enough to make for a useful tarot deck.

Having a limted run of twenty-five decks hardly makes it a 'useful' deck, either, IMHO! LOL!!!

VisionQuest

The 3 of Wands is a great card, and clearly has images of the girl as he imagines her growing up (and away) from him as a parent. That reviewer is quite frankly (no pun intended), a moron. The whole review was like reading his personal opinions on homosexuality.

Anyway...lol...the 3 of wands came out for me in a reading earlier this morning and the woman loved it, she said she knew exactly what it meant and the card itself resonated with her.

:)

bassetized

I hope you don't mind a newcomer (to this study group) chiming in.

This 3 of Wands is the most profound representation I've ever come upon. I used to have trouble sorting out the 3 from the 2, and remember reading in a Tarot 101 book (have no clue which one now) that the 3 could represent a "valuable, long-term, but risky" venture. I heard that intellectually, but always thought about launching a business and other career-oriented enterprises. When I saw this 3W, I immediately got it, with the added poignancy of knowing the added risks and rewards that await gays and lesbians who have children. I've gotten a similar reaction from everyone to whom I've shown the deck, BTW, gay and straight.

tarotbear

Bassetized ~ don't worry about being new to the group --- jump right it!