The Temperlyne Tarot online

temperlyne

As a lot of you probably know, I have been working on my own tarot deck for quite some time.
I use oil paint on 65 x 50 cm paper to create my personal versions of the cards. On average It takes me months of studying and drafting and about 3 weeks of (part time) painting to complete a card.
I am comitted to this creative journey and have now devoted a website to this lifework. On my site I will show the development of new cards, from draft to end result. It will be my online tarot deck creation journal. The creation of a deck is a very special and wonderful experience that I want to share with the world. It teaches me more about tarot than reading and plays a major part in my personal development.
I will still be posting finished cards on this forum, because I love to show my images to people who understand tarot. I wholeheartedly welcome feedback. I want my cards to speak for themselves and love to hear if I managed to make their language universal as well as personal.

I invite everyone to the home of the temperlyne tarot:

http://www.tarotjournal.com

Love Temperlyne

baba-prague

Congratulations on the website - it's much easier to see your cards like this, very nice site.

Journalling the process is a great idea too, it's such an interesting and rewarding experience to design a deck and I only wish I'd journalled the Tarot of Prague. Since then we've journalled to a greater or lesser extent for all the decks and it's great way to record the ups, downs (and sideways!) of the whole experience.

I look forward to seeing more of your journal entries.

Chronata

(*Doing the happy dance for joy!)

Temperlyne...your site is just wonderful!

It's great to see all the cards next to each other, and to read your experiences in meeting the archetypes.

I am thrilled that you are going to post a journal of the process too!

I love seeing the first drafts...and the process it takes til the end result.

Congratulations on this new creation! I am looking forward to visiting this site often (if only to get my fix! :D)
Well done!

HudsonGray

Congratulations, too! You'll find that things will always be taking their own time in the process. There's no hurrying anything about this.

temperlyne

I'm glad you like the site! It was frustrating to create it. I have zero computer skills but had to code the site manually in html because my computer can not handle programs such as dreamweaver. I think people who have the patients to learn these coding languages are to be admired! Creating this site from scratch has however made it part of the tarot creation journey, truely part of this personal project. And when it eventually looks like I wanted it to look, it feels soooo good!

Sidhe-Ra

Oooo....Impressive site! I forgot all I ever learnt of HTML in the several months in which I was computerless last year. It looks great! It's so good to see your paintings all so cohesively displayed, and great to see some of your process- looks like we work in a similar way! I always sit with the blank paper in front of me for a while, and even if I already think I know what the image will be, it always shifts, sometimes completely, as I draw!

Big well done on putting the site together. I'll be checking regularly for updates! x

temperlyne

Maybe our similar working style is what makes our images somewhat ehh related sidhe-ra!

I'm glad you like the site, but I have to say it is still under construction. I have to add a page that tells something more about myself an what temperlyne is for instance.
O and I would love to hear if someone is having problems seeing the site and the images so that I can correct those errors.

Major Tom

Congratulations on your website. Looks good. :)

A website really is the first step to letting lots of people know about your work. ;)

silverside

Hi Temperlyne! I really love your site. I noticed you have updated the news section a bit. I'm looking forward to see the finished Hermit. It would be nice to see larger versions of the cards in progress. Will you add this in the future?

catlin

Wow, great work!!!