Tarot Travel Guide of Italy

Teheuti

There's a new book (ebook or print version) out that many will find of interest. Called a "Tarot Travel Guide of Italy" by Morena Poltronieri, Ernesto Fazioli & Arnell Ando and published by Museo dei Tarocchi. It focuses on the historical roots of the deck. I suggest moving quickly through the pre-Italian sources of cards to get to the real meat of the development of Tarot in Italy as viewed through the historical artifacts that one can visit. Since quite a bit of the information is not from English-language sources there are all kinds of gems here, although I've not read the whole thing yet. Having traveled with Morena and Arnell, who've led at least 5 Tarot trips to Italy, I know how deeply they've explored this subject.

http://www.arnellart.com/museodeitarocchi/msdk48-pdf.htm

McFaire

Cool! Thanks for posting this.

Nemia

Thank you! That looks great. I will definitely buy it asap... and start dreaming about a tarot journey through Italy.

(And the price is great, too. )

Alta

I am looking forward to reading this! Just downloaded it from amazon.ca since I seem to have trouble (my fault) getting non-amazon .pdf's onto my tablet.

MissChiff

Tarot and pasta..that's my idea of Heaven...

gregory

Hm. Paid for PDF. Now how the bleep do I actually GET it (yes I've emailed Arnell....)

But does anyone have a link - I assume if I clicked it it would ask for my transaction number or something ?

rachelcat

Will get for my Kindle tomorrow (payday)! I always wanted to go to Italy, I hope this is the next best thing!

gregory

Bless Arnell; she has just emailed me the pdf. Now I shall READ it and look at the places I haven't (yet) been !