Which of my Tarots should I reprint?

Which Chronata Deck should be Reprinted?

• Tarot of the Midnight Masquerade

Votes: 27 56.3%
  • Tarot Noir

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Penguin Parade

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • ChronaTarot

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Something else?

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters

Madame Squee

Tarot Noir, please.

If I'm not too late to chime in, I just voted for the Tarot Noir!

I absolutely love mine and would love to have one from a professional printer.

Thank you for the poll. :*

MoonGypsy

If I'm not too late to chime in, I just voted for the Tarot Noir!

I absolutely love mine and would love to have one from a professional printer.

Thank you for the poll. :*

Good girl, MS! :* Another vote for Tarot Noir [with a more substantial cardstock] Yay!!!!!

P.S. Robyn said [last i heard] that she personally was leaning towards the new printing for the Tarot Noir. :)

strings of life

Good girl, MS! :* Another vote for Tarot Noir [with a more substantial cardstock] Yay!!!!!

P.S. Robyn said [last i heard] that she personally was leaning towards the new printing for the Tarot Noir. :)

* chants *

Noir, Noir, NOIR!

conversus

Did you not make something called the Minute Tarot, I'd like a chance to buy one of those ...

CED

PS what happened to the other Devil?

Chronata

So here is the story so far...

The Midnight Masquerade will have to wait...doing another limited edition of Majors Only seems sorta silly...and I really want to make more cards, anyway.

This is my New Years resolution...to finish all 78 by this time next year!

For those who really are still interested...I do have a Portfolio Edition of the MM, done by a friend of mine.
These are limited to only 7 copies...and I am actually only selling 4 of them. They are full original size prints, in the original color palette (which is a lot more subtle than the card edition was.)
They will each have a new original painting paired with them, and...yeah, they will be a bit on the expensive side.

Now...the Tarot Noir.
I thought that the original files were gone (lost on the hardrive that is now a doorstop) and so I would have to rescan the actual original painted cards...only... I realized I can't do that because I sold them last year. The cards were supposed to be framed, but I ran out of funds, so they are being held by a third party and the whole thing is quite the mess...

Anyway, the original Naked Devil card no longer exists, because he had his parts covered up in the original painting. (which I no longer have...see above)

So, despairing, I asked the spouse if he knew of a copy of the Noir files could possible have survived on a disc somewhere...and he showed me that they are, in fact, on the other computer...but in an annoying Print Shop format.

So yes! They do in fact exist!! Including both versions of the Devil card.
There is some work to be done, as we have to convert every single card image into a jpeg, and do some clean to to make them full bleed (aka Borderless) for the printers to use them.

Now, my printers have been pretty awesome with my last three decks...but they aren't exactly cheap.

The difference here is that the last three were Lenormands, and only about 40 cards, whereas the tarot has 80...and is a bit larger in size than the standard Poker deck I have used before.
I don't know what the estimate will be until I actually finish reformatting the cards, but I am really hoping to keep the cost down and the print run reasonably low (say...50-100 decks )

And that's where it stands at the moment. I probably won't have any more info until after the holidays, simply because it gets busy for me this month.

But I want to thank everyone again for answering my poll! I really appreciate the LOVE!

conversus

MoonGypsy:

Thanks you for that bit of info--I really did not know!

CED

baylys

Oohhh, as far as I am concerned, damn the cost I simply MUST have a Noir!!! One I got in a trade got lost in the post *bawls eyes out*

Chronata

New edition Tarot Noir preorders are now up on the Tarot Goodies website!

There can only be one Devil...I'm thinking he's gonna be naked!

Unless popular opinion say otherwise!

MoonGypsy

This is just the best news ever!!!! :thumbsup: