which "Soprafino" deck?

DeToX

If you like faux-aged cards go Meneghello Soprafino
If you would prefer a Soprafino without the stains and age marks, go Tarocchino Lombardo
Otherwise, I think they are very similar.

I believe there is an error in the Aeclectic review of the Meneghello Soprafino deck - the statement about faux patina is speculation presented as a fact if I'm not mistaken, and which has never actually been corrected by the site admins. Il Meneghello strongly deny that they have applied any faux patina to this deck, rather that it is a straight facsimile.

nisaba

I worry about shuffling my Soprafino a lot, though, because of its lack of protective laminate. I handle it very, very carefully myself, and don't tend to offer it to clients.

The box. Nobody's mentioned the box. I *love* the box. :)

Ambrosia

Swoon...

The Soprafino is my most favourite of all the non illustrated pip decks but alas I could never afford a copy and would be worried I'd ruin it in the first five minutes...

However...

The LS Classic Tarot has exactly the same pictures (not the Ancient Italian) so I got that instead and trimmed off the yukky keywords so it's a nice slim little deck, and touched it up on its edges and with little touches on the detail in the pictures with an antique gold ink.

Boy it REALLY looks something now!

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/classic/

Yelell

Swoon...

The Soprafino is my most favourite of all the non illustrated pip decks but alas I could never afford a copy and would be worried I'd ruin it in the first five minutes...

However...

The LS Classic Tarot has exactly the same pictures (not the Ancient Italian) so I got that instead and trimmed off the yukky keywords so it's a nice slim little deck, and touched it up on its edges and with little touches on the detail in the pictures with an antique gold ink.

Boy it REALLY looks something now!

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/classic/

How did the backs work out? That's what's really scared me off from trying to trim off the side text borders some Lo Scarabeo decks have.

Ambrosia

How did the backs work out? That's what's really scared me off from trying to trim off the side text borders some Lo Scarabeo decks have.

The back is a kind of muted, sepia toned version of The Star from the deck. Because the front face is slightly set to the right because they've put the keywords on the left side, when trimming it does put the back off centre but it isn't noticeable really in use.