Gong Hee Fot Choy!

Ivy Rhiannon

Wow good ole Gong Hee Fot Choy! My mother and grandmother read these cards. My grandmother used the whole set and my mother couldn't find it forever so she just stuck to reading playing cards. You take a regular deck (the chinese themed one sounds super cool!) and take out all the joker, and cards 6 and under for a total of 32 cards. She always did a three card reading.

Essentially each card represents a "house" and where the house card falls in another house foretells the future of that combination. For the board you lay out all the cards. For her reading she did Compass thoughts, Wishes, and Success the first three houses, so basically your thoughts, what you wish to happen and what will be the success of it.

Her readings were greatly accurate. I wish I still had the book, board and her cards but alas they were lost in the fire. :'( I think if you find it, you should get it. It is a very fun divination system!

cardlady22

;) I couldn't resist when I saw a superpriced ($6.38) version of the hardcover book at Amazon. The cover says
Third Edition
Gong Hee Fot Choy
Book of Fortune
A Fortune-Telling Game
Illustrated Game Board Included

ISBN: 1587613395
2009, Celestial Arts- imprint of Ten Speed Press

game board illustrations by Akiko Aoyagi Shurtleff

Attachments

• GongHFchMat2.jpg
    GongHFchMat2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 325

Ivy Rhiannon

;) I couldn't resist when I saw a superpriced ($6.38) version of the hardcover book at Amazon. The cover says
Third Edition
Gong Hee Fot Choy
Book of Fortune
A Fortune-Telling Game
Illustrated Game Board Included

ISBN: 1587613395
2009, Celestial Arts- imprint of Ten Speed Press

game board illustrations by Akiko Aoyagi Shurtleff

Nice! :) I'm going to have to buy me one now too cardlady!

Glass Owl

Now that I have the Gong Hee Fot Choy book and mat, I'm in the process of picking out a playing card deck to go with it.

Give that the system's Chinese origins, I think that the Bicycle Warrior Horse Playing Cards would be a good choice, especially since 2014 is the Year of the Horse. I really like the coloring of the cards but I'm not too keen on the look of the backs.

Glass Owl

Has anyone here made their own Gong Hee Fot Choy cards?