Working with Labradorite

wildchilde

Anyways - make a long story short - I began thinking about my childhood again. Something must have happened that was very meaningful to me at the time, otherwise why I am being drawn back...? I haven't thought about it for a long time indeed. So that is one thing...

Then we passed a tiny, and ancient, burial ground. It is all fenced off. I suddenly had this massive desire to go in it and the largest tombstone seemed to be drawing me in. But I had my dogs, and so I thought it would not be right to bring them in there. Disrespectful, like.

As I passed the cemetary, staring at that big tombstone that was calling me, I thought of my deceased parents, and also about my husband, who is alive but has a dangerous job. Just as I did so, a hearse turned the corner off of this desolate country road I was walking on, and drove slowly past us, and the graveyard, headed to town. It seemed to be moving extra slowly...and it was odd, very odd, to see a hearse in the middle of freaking nowhere! This road is not used very much at all, and usually only by commercial long-haul trucks...

I think the timing of it all kind of threw me for a loop - and I became immediately aware of "serendipity and synchronicity", the title given to Labradorite's main properties. Gave me shivers...I am not afraid of death, nor do I find it creepy, but the timing was odd, and it all felt "staged" - almost like a dream sequence, or a scene in a movie.

I have not had my Labradorite very long but I fell in love with it immediately. I have noticed that I too have tended to have long since thought about childhood memories whenever this crystal is present. Sometimes painful things, sometimes just things odd or that I haven't thought of for a long time. It did occur to me though when these things came to mind, it was like I was watching as a "detached observer" whatever was unfolding from my memory. I was very grateful for this, especially for the painful memories, as in the past if something like it had come to mind I would probably become emotionally upset and/or become "obsessive" in my thoughts about it, like not being able to let go of the pain/rage or whatever emotion it was. Being the "detached observer" was a relief and was sort of like a gentle cleansing of odd bits of things that were taking up my memory space. Maybe like "defragging" the computer disk. :) I have also noticed that if I have this stone out too long (or maybe it is in combination with other stones...I haven't figured that one out yet) I get a very loud, distracting, almost painful buzzing in my head like I am near a high voltage wire, that goes away very quickly if I put the stone away.

Padma

Lotus just read your posts. That's really interesting about your meditation. My flashes were few and far but I know what you mean about them happening quickly. One flash repeated itself 3 times in a row but I couldn't figure out the significance.

Yes, when I read your meditation results I thought it was interesting that we had sort of a similar experience! ;p

That would freak me out about the grave yard and the hearse. And then it makes me think of your dream the other night where you climbed out of the coffin. But I'm getting the feeling something in your life is about to end or simply transform and your ready to take the next step. And that the crystal is telling you to be prepared.

Yes, lol! We are on a wavelength, my friend :) I was just out playing with the dogs when my intuition told me (like a puzzle piece snapping into place) that these dreams and sightings are about me waking up from my zombie-like death-seizure and getting off my butt again! Yay! lol....I have been three weeks like this, just enough energy to get things done but that is it - nothing left after the necessities are done ;p

You could always ask your crystal to show you what the next step will be. For me if something suddenly catches my eye......I'll write it down. After a few notes I'll start to see a pattern that I would otherwise miss.

I'm finding if you ask this crystal a question......it's very direct in giving an answer back.

See, and that is why I don't want to take it off yet. I am certain that it is telling me things, and rather clearly actually...I want to know more! :) I thinnk I will try writing stuff down, though recording it here has helped immensely! See the value of the studies! lol ;)

Padma

I have not had my Labradorite very long but I fell in love with it immediately. I have noticed that I too have tended to have long since thought about childhood memories whenever this crystal is present. Sometimes painful things, sometimes just things odd or that I haven't thought of for a long time. It did occur to me though when these things came to mind, it was like I was watching as a "detached observer" whatever was unfolding from my memory. I was very grateful for this, especially for the painful memories, as in the past if something like it had come to mind I would probably become emotionally upset and/or become "obsessive" in my thoughts about it, like not being able to let go of the pain/rage or whatever emotion it was. Being the "detached observer" was a relief and was sort of like a gentle cleansing of odd bits of things that were taking up my memory space. Maybe like "defragging" the computer disk. :) I have also noticed that if I have this stone out too long (or maybe it is in combination with other stones...I haven't figured that one out yet) I get a very loud, distracting, almost painful buzzing in my head like I am near a high voltage wire, that goes away very quickly if I put the stone away.

Nice to see you jump in, Wildechilde! So interesting that those of us working with this stone have been having similar experiences, I find that immensely interesting. I have also, as you said, felt disassociated from these images from my past - that was why I was saying, it must have been important, but I am not seeing it, whatever "it" was from my youth. Because I am not feeling any pain from the memories, or any distress whatsoever.

I am beginning to think...that this stone...is almost like a death experience, in the sense that one revisits all these moments in one's life, and lets them go. After thinking of my childhood memories and seeeing the hearse and graveyard thing, I was thinking that maybe, that meant that part of my life is clearly over. Time to bury it. I had the flashes, I saw the end, and now it is done with. It is very liberating. Kind of like cutting off a lifetime of past, ready to live in the moment.

I love your analogy of defragging! lol! That is excellent...and so you too must be feeling better after this experience, clearer inside yourself...? It sounds like it. Interesting about the buzzing, as I think that DownwardS had the same buzz happening her first day of using it - though not sure if that was a noise or a feeling she had of vibration, I will have to look back at her "diaries" ;)

Please keep adding your experiences, would love to hear more!

Padma

Then you'll be even more amazed when I tell what happened today...I've been in tears most of the day : (

So sorry to hear of your pain, DownwardS... :(

I meant to get back to this last night. Yes some of my messages I got the feeling were from the Angels....especially with the 11s still coming through.

Some writings I noticed yesterday where....

enterprise
oh thank heaven
soaring to excellence

And when I saw the maintenance man this time he said "sometimes I want to help you."

Wow. I love how you see messages all around you like that, because I have often read that is how the Universe does communicate with us...the only message that grabbed me today was "Open your Eyes" - but it really whumped me - so I can see how your messages really get your attention! Also I think you are far more observant than I am ;)

And then today this is what caught my eye.....

I heard someone say "don't panick" and this was followed by someone asking me "do you need some help to open doors?"

Then a car had just pulled up beside me and I sneezed. The passenger gave me a very loud "bless you."

I also saw.....take on today
total rewards
let's connect again soon
positive peer pressure
we specialize in custom
and
why have things changed now?

So I have to say this sounds like the Angels.

it really does, doesn't it? I mean, it sounds as though they are speaking directly to you!

Also I haven't looked up the number yet but everyday for the last 4 days I see the number 811. And this is every morning...8:11 AM

Am still with you on the elevens. And today I saw threes as well. Made me think of you :)

Noodle

Thank you all for making me feel so welcome. I have not done anything with my stone yet. I am currently carrying another one for my allergies and it is working very well. I don't know much of anything about crystals and was not sure about carrying more than one. I will be sure to report my experiences with the labradorite when I do use it. All your posts are very interesting and make me look forward to my experiences with my labradorite.

Padma

Thank you all for making me feel so welcome. I have not done anything with my stone yet. I am currently carrying another one for my allergies and it is working very well. I don't know much of anything about crystals and was not sure about carrying more than one. I will be sure to report my experiences with the labradorite when I do use it. All your posts are very interesting and make me look forward to my experiences with my labradorite.

you certainly are very welcome to join us :) and I hope your allergies leave you be soon enough! What stone are you using for it, may I ask? My son suffers terribly from them, I mean I could look it up in my crystal bible, but I like to hear first hand :D

I do think, or I have found anyways, when studying a crystal it is maybe better to just be working with one...though experimenting with two together would be interesting, as well!

Whenever you are ready, Noodle, just drop in and tack your findings on here - we'll be looking forward to reading them!

ETA - I just remembered, reading Hemera's guide lines on the studies (posted at the top of the sub-forum here) that we are meant to just talk about the experience we are having with the one crystal that corresponds to the thread. You can start another thread though on your other stones, if there isn't one already open for it :)

Noodle

you certainly are very welcome to join us :) and I hope your allergies leave you be soon enough! What stone are you using for it, may I ask? My son suffers terribly from them, I mean I could look it up in my crystal bible, but I like to hear first hand :D

Oh ask anything you want :) I am using an aquamarine. I am very happy with the results.

QUOTE I do think, or I have found anyways, when studying a crystal it is maybe better to just be working with one...though experimenting with two together would be interesting, as well!

That is kinda what I thought. I think I will be needing the aquamarine for awhile now. But I don't see a problem with using the labradorite at the same time short term for readings or meditation. I won't be able to wait until the end of allergy season to try it.

Noodle

Sorry messed up the quotes in my last post and can't seem to fix them. Hope you can make sense of it.

Padma

Oh ask anything you want :) I am using an aquamarine. I am very happy with the results.

That is kinda what I thought. I think I will be needing the aquamarine for awhile now. But I don't see a problem with using the labradorite at the same time short term for readings or meditation. I won't be able to wait until the end of allergy season to try it.

Now isn't that interesting, I have been looking at Aquamarine myself. Thanks for letting me know!

As to using the Labradorite, perhaps you can put the other stone aside for the hour of meditation with the Labradorite...that way, you will know that what you are receiving is strictly from that one crystal...I know we are meant to remain on topic here ;)

You could always begin a thread if you intend to work with both, and record the findings there...Just let Hemera know!

Padma

More on my impressions of the Labradorite - a very interesting find for me - I have been very succesful in moderating my habits, and quite easily able to avoid temptations of any kind. I mean, I was able to do without my usual evening cocktail quite easily, don't miss it a bit. I have been able to curb my spending and just walk away from things that are usually overwhelmingly tempting for me to buy...and also, stay away from tempting snacks etc effortlessly. A pretty interesting side effect!

So, I think it is a very good crystal to use when one is trying to change or rid oneself of old or unproductive habits.