Need help finding something...

Sharla

Type turquoise wand into google images, where loads of these wands will be turn up, and when you click on them you'll be able to figure out where to purchase.

If i'm trying to purchase something this is what i usually do, and its worked for me.

EmpressArwen

That's what I did and only came up with the one link above...everything else was jewelry. Hmmm. Maybe,when I get some $$, I can have one made?

jolie_amethyst

I wonder if larger versions aren't common because turquoise is typically a rather fragile stone? There isn't even one showing on ebay--and typically if something is reasonably available, it will show up there. Hmmm...

Onion Budgie

Yes, I think large pieces of Turquoise are fairly uncommon, because of how the crystal forms, in nodules. Howlite is quite often dyed to resemble Turquoise, so it's easy to mistake it.

EmpressArwen

I didn't even think about how turquoise doesn't form in big pieces. Dang it. I keep having a dream about this. Hmmm...

Thanks so much all!

jolie_amethyst

I wonder if someone could make one with a turquoise inlay? Would that work for what you need?

EmpressArwen

I'm not really sure what I need it for. ha! I just keep seeing myself with a large turquoise wand and I'm using it in some healing session on someone. I press the rounded part against different points on the body and the pointed side, I use to draw something out of the body.

I'm sure it was a solid piece...I wonder if there is another stone/gem that color? Maybe it was something else? Hmm

Thanks for your help!

jolie_amethyst

Howlite is often dyed blue to resembled turquoise, and of course, there are quite a few blue stones out there, though not much in the traditional color of turquoise. Although the "flash" in many labradorites is close to that shade, so that could be a possibility too. Not sure which stones have metaphysical properties similar to turquoise, but that's probably also something to think about.

Onion Budgie

I'm sure it was a solid piece...I wonder if there is another stone/gem that color? Maybe it was something else? Hmm

Here are a few other stones that closely resemble Turquoise:

Dyed Howlite
Chrysocolla
Amazonite

:)