Pole Ka tarot

Le Fanu

Thankfully didn't see the images with eyes poked out that Babalon mentions - but that in itself means that the deck is a definite no-no for me. I have a phobia you see...

But I prefer the Pips to the Trumps. Way more. Can't get into the Trumps at all...

PoleKa

Hi everyone!

I'm Pole Ka, the author of the tarot deck. I came across this forum by chance, after researching about the Tarot of Marseilles. I was very interested to read what do you think about my cards!
Let me point out that my marseille tarot is officially released ! You can check it here : https://www.facebook.com/2270523040...7052304005833/884804741563916/?type=3&theater
If you are interested to get it, don't hesitate to write me an email ( contact{at}poleka.fr )... I would love to have your detailed opinion on all of the deck.

Thanks and sorry for my English mistakes, i'm french!

chorphee

I was just looking for a modern deck with a Marseille deck influence and I'm glad to discover this deck. I have always been frustrated with the Marseille deck (hate the colors) And here, I love the colors, love the organic, disturbing theme. This is a style I can relate to...I'm jsut not sure about reading with it: could be darker than I think.

PoleKa

Hello everyone !

If you want to order my tarot deck, you can ask me directly, by mail : contact(@)poleka(.)fr

The price will be a little less cheaper than morbid anatomy website. ;)

Scorulia

Awww, I missed this thread !
I have just received my pole ka yesterday and I LOVE it. I did the interview drawing today and it appears to me that the deck is going to be something like mischievous with me. I also understood something like "I am reliable but sometimes you may be in a trouble because of my strange style. Or maybe i'll be kidding you at times !"
That's really curious but it makes me feel even more intrigued by this deck ! :D

Pole ka, I was a bit disturbed by the meanings of some of the cards, that seem quite far from the traditional Marseille meanings... Can you tell me more about that please ? Such a luck to have you here !

PoleKa

Yes, I understand that you may be disturbed by the meaning of some cards. In fact, when I started to redraw the cards, I took a lot of liberties with the primary symbolic start because I wanted to make a very personal version of the Marseille Tarot.
But for me, all cards doesn't seems dark, there are a lot of little jokes that are hiding in the drawings. :) So there is plenty of interpretation levels !

Scorulia

Thank you for your reply PoleKa ! :)
I must take the time to have a closer look to all the arcanas, but I do like the idea of finding jokes in them without knowing it in advance :D
I agree with you, I don't find this deck dark at all actually. Well, some cards represent dark morbid situation, but I find a lot of humour and even some kind of sweetness in the way you represented them.

DarkYarns

Another for the wishlist. The playful style of the figures reminds me of the Nicoletta Ceccoli deck, but with bolder colors and more eye-poking. I quite like this.

gregory

I just received mine. I LOVE it ! Yes - jokes in every card; I don't find it dark at all. I'm not QUITE sure about the extra card which is a vagina with loads of umbilical cords coming out of it... but YES ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: And it's printed by France Cartes - so no card stock issues.

You can buy it on amazon.fr