Accidentally bent a card while shuffling...

DoctorLecter84

<smile>

<grin>I can understand what made you have that thought, but even that your mind would turn in that direction and be "superstitious" makes it seem as if you are looking for negativity, which will then find you. If you want a happy, comfortable, uneventful, enjoyable life, *expect* to have one. Don't long for it, just expect it. And don't expect negativity, in Tarot or anything else. It'll still come, but not so often or so hard.

Thank you for those words of wisdom...
I definitely should follow the advice I've given to others, Negativity is a very nasty and contagious disease. Removing all negativity and choosing to be positive will help bring a happy, comfortable, uneventful, enjoyable life.

DoctorLecter84

youre very welcome, and yes mystic dreamer is a beautiful deck...the pictures have so much to tell :)

I know I've mentioned this earlier in this thread...but when I had first started readings, with Thoth -- I don't think Thoth has the best pictures (which find to be interesting because I think that decks that are similar to Thoth like Liber T Tarot and Rosetta Tarot's imagery blows Thoth's imagery away). I'm not good at explaining this, but when I did readings with Thoth, I would treat the readings like reading a book with out pictures. It was until I had joined this forum and read a lot of the posts in the various categories, that made me change decks -- which lead to me buying my second deck, the Llewellyn deck and was taken aback by one of my readings -- where the Empress appeared before the 9 of Cups and the flirty vibe I got from the reading just from looking at the imagery alone.

I agree that the imagery alone tells the reader so much.

I'm looking at pictures of cards from the Mystic Dreamer as I type this, it's indeed a beautiful deck.

Thank you again for taking time to post.

lark

I rolled over (with an office chair) the Empress card in my Tarot of the Old Path deck and it bugged me ever after that.
Like yours it was the only card with a crease in it in an otherwise pristine deck.
I offered it up on the trading forum with full disclosure of the bent card and someone jumped at the chance to have it bent card and all.
I don't mind if a deck gets uniformly wore from shuffling, but when just one card sticks out like a sore thumb it does bug me.
Right now I have The Circle of Life deck with a bent card in it and it bothers me....so do I reserve it for the Grand kids to play with???.. or will it end up on the trading forum soon???
I have no superstition about it...like it is bad luck...it is just the perfectionist in me that doesn't like it.

DoctorLecter84

it is just the perfectionist in me that doesn't like it.

Thank you for taking time to reply. I deeply appreciate it.

Me being a perfectionist, I agree with you 150% on that and I guess I "projected" those humanistic attributes onto the Divine (my perfectionist attitude among other human attributes -- leading to the superstitious belief in getting bad luck) when the Divine is beyond human reason and logic because He is infinite and I should know that He judge me based on what's inside and not some accident.

The Empress being one of my favorite Tarot cards, I just stuck the bent card in my Altar.:D