Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 235 : January 30 - February 5

BodhiSeed

I'm in this week with the Jolanda Tarot paired with the oracle Bird Signs. Thanks VG! :heart:

DaughterOfDanu

I'm going to be working with the Animal Wisdom Tarot this week. I pulled it out for a reading for someone and really missed how colorful it is. Still debating on whether I want to use an oracle deck with it or not.

AJ

wow, February already. Art of Life this week please.

Achlys

I think I'm going to use the Ritual Abuse deck for this week :)

Scarlet Woodland

Think I'll have to resign myself to being a moth this week, just flapping my way up to anything shiny :D Loving my chosen decks of course, but as the last of my decks show up in the post I'm guaranteed to get distracted.

My Archeon arrived today (a belated bargain purchase) and wowzas it's more beautiful than I expected. The long, long, long... LONG awaited Cosmos set should be here early next week too. Will stick solidly to my choices for actual readings but gonna cut myself a break if I have a little play with the newbies along the way :)

RiverRunsDeep

I'm in with Legend: the Arthurian Tarot.

DaughterOfDanu

I hope it's not too late to change my dotw :p I caved last night on a trip to B&N with some friends and purchased the Mystical Cats tarot. I have way too many cat decks and my friends already consider me a future crazy cat lady with my love for my furbaby. But this one was just too lovely to resist! So I plan on using the Mystical Cats tarot this week instead.

Scarlet Woodland

I hope it's not too late to change my dotw :p I caved last night on a trip to B&N with some friends and purchased the Mystical Cats tarot. I have way too many cat decks and my friends already consider me a future crazy cat lady with my love for my furbaby. But this one was just too lovely to resist! So I plan on using the Mystical Cats tarot this week instead.

Oooh... let me know how you get on :). I managed to sit on my hands by just getting the app but it's still hovering on the edge of my basket.

Really enjoying my decks this week, they make a lovely contrast to one another. As you'd probably imagine, the Lunatic is more enigmatic and glass half empty, while the Paulina is chattier and glass half full. I kept the extra weird Lunatic art cards in the deck for the first day which worked out just fine in readings, unfortunately one of them has an extremely subtle curve independent of the deck. You'd never spot it unless you were looking for it but it causes it to come up disproportionately often beacause the deck naturally splits there. Have taken them out for now because of this but hopefully time and the weight of the rest of the deck can bring it in line as I'm oddlly fond of them :D

RiverRunsDeep

First impression of Legend/Arthurian Tarot: like, like, like!! It is such a dreamy and meditative deck with its faded, foggy, grayish-purple colors. Each card has a traditional title, plus an "Arthurian" title . For example, the Moon is also Morgan Le Fay. Interesting to see how the Arthurian legends fit rather well with traditional RWS interpretations.

Green Faerie

First impression of Legend/Arthurian Tarot: like, like, like!! It is such a dreamy and meditative deck with its faded, foggy, grayish-purple colors. Each card has a traditional title, plus an "Arthurian" title . For example, the Moon is also Morgan Le Fay. Interesting to see how the Arthurian legends fit rather well with traditional RWS interpretations.

It's really nice to hear this kind of feedback about this deck! I love the images and the colors, but I hadn't heard much about how the Arthurian characters fit together with the traditional tarot majors and minors. Thank you! :)