Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 235 : January 30 - February 5

JylliM

I'm enjoying the Alice. It's visually stunning, but it also reads well. I posted a reading which I did a couple of days ago in the dotw readings thread. Picture isn't the best because it was taken at night with the room light interfering.

GoldenWolf

I'm lat as usual. I will be working with the Tarot of Delphi (I think I got one of the last ones through Amazon) and the Under the Roses Lenormand. Thanks!

Scarlet Woodland

Received a batch of tarot bags today so have been re-jigging all my bag/deck combinations. The Lunatic and Paulina have finally found homes... the Paulina has stolen the Rackham Oracle's silk bag as he seemed to like the new black cat & raven one, and the lunatic has poached from the Wildwood.

Lunatic now lives in a nice, snug, midnight blue silk with a sepia cord, while the Wildwood has moved into a new bag with the Wiccan rede written on it within a scroll... a perfect fit as Mr Wildwood is quite Pagan and judges me :D Hopefully I can approach him with a little humour rather than trepidation now.

Paulina got neglected again this week so I feel rather guilty... keep telling her it's not her it's me. It's beautiful, it's readable but it just can't seem to hold my attention.

Got on much better with the Lunatic this week. It's a more challenging read but so enigmatic it completely absorbs me. I found the perfect fabric for a spreadcloth too. What with my huge staff discount I just bought the rest of the bolt, so have been using the bolt as a reading board across my knees. Can't believe I haven't tried this before as it's so ridiculously convenient in a small space; no need to commandeer the table or floor. Can't do a complex shaped spread of course, but at 8"×22" I can fit plenty of cards in a row.

Must get back to my Lunatic today. Couldn't stop myself from breaking out the Cosmos Tarot and Oracle when it finally reached me yesterday but want to spend some time working on larger spreads with the Lunatic before I move on to next week's deck.

Oh JylliM... the Chosson is lovely, so if it's still a lot cheaper for you I say go for it. The one exception would be if the Pierre Madenie is your favourite, as apparently it'll be gone within a few weeks. The only only thing that bothers me about the Chosson in person is the weird black business around the star's knees. Then again, even that's interesting as it makes you wonder how it happened :)

VGimlet

Sorry GoldenWolf! I was busy with other stuff this week and didn't check the thread the last few days - I added you just in time to start the new thread, LOL.

I like the art of the John Waterhouse Oracle, but for me I think it will be an art deck from now on - pretty to look at, but didn't do much for me reading-wise.

VGimlet

The new thread has been posted here.

desertrat

I liked the Bleu Cat tarot, mostly. The cardstock is not Schiffer's usual high-gloss lamination - in fact, it doesn't appear to be laminated at all, and I don't care for that. The cards have begun to warp in various ways, which displeases me. :( The artwork is very simple but cute, like all of Beth's creations. There's a lot of blue and by the end of the week I was yearning for more color. I'd like the deck much better if the cards were laminated.

JylliM

Received a batch of tarot bags today so have been re-jigging all my bag/deck combinations. The Lunatic and Paulina have finally found homes... the Paulina has stolen the Rackham Oracle's silk bag as he seemed to like the new black cat & raven one, and the lunatic has poached from the Wildwood.

Lunatic now lives in a nice, snug, midnight blue silk with a sepia cord, while the Wildwood has moved into a new bag with the Wiccan rede written on it within a scroll... a perfect fit as Mr Wildwood is quite Pagan and judges me :D Hopefully I can approach him with a little humour rather than trepidation now.

Paulina got neglected again this week so I feel rather guilty... keep telling her it's not her it's me. It's beautiful, it's readable but it just can't seem to hold my attention.

Got on much better with the Lunatic this week. It's a more challenging read but so enigmatic it completely absorbs me. I found the perfect fabric for a spreadcloth too. What with my huge staff discount I just bought the rest of the bolt, so have been using the bolt as a reading board across my knees. Can't believe I haven't tried this before as it's so ridiculously convenient in a small space; no need to commandeer the table or floor. Can't do a complex shaped spread of course, but at 8"×22" I can fit plenty of cards in a row.

Must get back to my Lunatic today. Couldn't stop myself from breaking out the Cosmos Tarot and Oracle when it finally reached me yesterday but want to spend some time working on larger spreads with the Lunatic before I move on to next week's deck.

Oh JylliM... the Chosson is lovely, so if it's still a lot cheaper for you I say go for it. The one exception would be if the Pierre Madenie is your favourite, as apparently it'll be gone within a few weeks. The only only thing that bothers me about the Chosson in person is the weird black business around the star's knees. Then again, even that's interesting as it makes you wonder how it happened :)

Thanks for the heads up, Scarlet. I'll have to consider carefully, given my self-imposed limit on spending. The Madenie does look good, but really nice to know the Chosson is also nice. What to do...?

katey

I had so much fun with the Mystic Faerie last week! This week it's time to give my ol' Watersprite some love. :)