Looking for an intuitive deck

Cocobird55

I find the Victorian Romantic very intuitive -- it really speaks to me.

Nemia

To my surprise, I find that artwork and intuitive connection do not go together so much for me. And art is very important to me. There are decks whose artwork I like very much, Secret Forest, Haindl or Margarethe Petersen come to mind, and they read so-so for me. And while I dislike the slick styles of the Lo Scarabeo and New Vision, they're much easier to access - for me.

I'm happiest with decks whose art I find good AND who make my intuition flow - Touchstone, Thoth of course, but also the Dreaming Way and Botticelli.

Girl Archer

I am looking for a new deck. The most important quality I'm looking for is good imagery in the design. I care less about the old archetypes and "usual" meanings of the cards individually. I'm looking for good detailed pictures that can provide a new way to relate the cards.

I have been very happy using the Shadowscapes deck for this purpose. If you know of any others to suggest let me know!

I don't know if anybody has recommended this already but I definitely suggest the Phantasmagoric Theater tarot :thumbsup:

youareafool

I don't know if anybody has recommended this already but I definitely suggest the Phantasmagoric Theater tarot :thumbsup:

I'll most definitely check it out [emoji120]🏻 I was also considering guilded, and wake the wild spirit. Thoughts?

Girl Archer

I'll most definitely check it out [emoji120]🏻 I was also considering guilded, and wake the wild spirit. Thoughts?

I had a brilliant reading by Grizabella with Waking the Wild Spirit. Poppy Palin has done an excellent job crafting that deck and each card comes with a story supposedly ( I don't own the deck). I think you would definitely find that to be very good to exercise your intuitive/psychic muscles :)

youareafool

I had a brilliant reading by Grizabella with Waking the Wild Spirit. Poppy Palin has done an excellent job crafting that deck and each card comes with a story supposedly ( I don't own the deck). I think you would definitely find that to be very good to exercise your intuitive/psychic muscles :)

It's a bit more expensive than my Shadowscapes deck but I think it's worth it [emoji12]

And to everyone else, I totally missed all these replies somehow! Thank you all and I will check out each deck discussed. I was asking so I could see what has worked for others in order to have a starting point in my exploration :)

Girl Archer

Tarot of the Hidden Realms (really pushes you, that one)

Tarot of the Sidhe (I am having immense fun exploring this deck, calls for a great deal of intuition and inner resilience too somehow)

gregory

To my surprise, I find that artwork and intuitive connection do not go together so much for me.
This, exactly. It's how the deck talks back atcha :D

violetdaisy

I still like my pictures at this stage of the game.....so illustrated pips are a must for my limited intuitive abilities. When I don't want to drag out my conventional meanings I like my Fey deck. Though my faceless Sun and Moon is growing on me and I have to be more intuitive about it because it mixes Thoth with RWS and I'm not familiar with Thoth. Have a great big book about it.....but again unillistrated pips.

Amanda

The most important quality I'm looking for is good imagery in the design. I care less about the old archetypes and "usual" meanings of the cards individually. I'm looking for good detailed pictures that can provide a new way to relate the cards.

Do you intend to incorporate those "old" archetypes and "usual" meanings of the cards along with your developed ability to read the pictures?

If not, I'd recommend just getting an oracle deck.