Tabula Mundi Tarot: formerly Tarot "M"

GoldenWolf

Thanks for posting this here since I am not very good at following blogs. I like the way you have tied up the Empress and Emperor card here with the honeycomb background and the dripping honey! I'm lookingg forward to this new deck.

Babalon Jones

I LOVE THIS!!!!

Your natural sensitivities to the cards are awesome...and I love the way you are bringing in unique symbolism!!!!!

1Q2013 huh????

Holy Shite Mallah....I just this instant finished reading 1Q84! How the hell???

Babalon Jones

Oh nevermind, haha, you were referring to my post about the first quarter of 2013. I just finished a book about an alternate world set in 1984 called 1Q84, so my brain went there!

Babalon Jones

what would you like to see?

I'm also looking for feedback regarding future cards. As in, based on what you have seen so far of the deck, what you might like to see in upcoming cards. It doesn't have to be specific, though it can, it could also be just a certain mood or theme or idea or anything at all. I will consider all suggestions, though who knows what will happen once I start each card. (Ususally I have an idea to start with but something always seems to happen along the way!)

This way maybe people can feel more involved rather than seeing them after completion. I don't like going back and redoing cards as I have a mental block about doing the same thing twice but would certainly be open to incorporating your ideas! So get in your requests/thoughts if you have them. What would you like to see for the remaining trumps? Or, the minors?

Babalon Jones

Surf's up!

The sun is in Cancer and as the trump of Cancer, the Chariot is catchin' a wave...a fence or enclosure, (Cheth) a wall of water..."I just caught da kine wave, brah." :smoker:

http://blog.rosettatarot.com/2012/06/30/the-sun-is-in-cancer-and-surfs-up-the-chariot-rides.aspx

I'm pretty psyched lately. Making good progress on this deck; I also have the Aces almost done too (keeping the Minors under wraps for now). Plus the Rosetta's app launching was just so cool! Never in a million years would I have predicted that I'd have something like that!

I just love the summer season, as I prefer heat to cold, and it has just been so awesome outside lately! The garden is doing good and promising abundance to come (I say that every year though, and it is so tough to garden here that it doesn't always live up to its promise. But sometimes some things do, and we always get something to eat out of it...) but the nice weather is making the day job unbearable!

So, let me know what you think of The Chariot. He is a bit different, but I think he belongs in this deck.

rwcarter

One of the very few decks I've seen that puts water on a card that's elementally Water! :thumbsup: And I think the surfboarding Charioteer belongs in the deck just as much as the Galactic DJ Magician does! :D

sapienza

I absolutely love the Chariot. Just love it!!! I think this is one of the most exciting decks in progress I've seen in a very long time. I'm pleased the warmer weather has inspired you. :)

Tibor

I like it but just to tease you a bit..., the horses look a bit like they are drowning :) poor them

Cassandra022

lovely take on the chariot, and makes perfect sense!

frac_ture

Great Chariot card! The surfing element definitely lands it very fittingly in a deck alongside the other more modern-influenced cards you've done so far in this run (like the tattooed Fool and the DJ Magus). I actually for some reason immediately assumed the "horses" to be hippocampi (is that the right plural for "hippocampus?"), and we just can't see their big fishtails from this angle... I like that the Charioteer (Poseidon?) also seems to be wearing a crab-themed outfit to go with the Cancer correspondence of the card! A couple of other notes... First, the water looks awesome, just in general -- tons of detail, and it pays off! Second, the cresting wave looks sort of like the head of a serpent or dragon to me, and I don't know if that's intentionally done, or I'm just seeing what I want to see, but it's there for me. And third, the liquid in that chalice on the surfboard looks like it might be liquid of some sort, or it also might be a small, red-colored galaxy, which would add to the unearthliness that I never mind seeing in a Tarot deck! All in all, it's another cool and inventive take on a card! Glad to hear the warm weather has you feeling energized...