Tabula Mundi Tarot: formerly Tarot "M"

starlightexp

It's just a really good, thought provoking card. How are you liking working in a larger art size?

Babalon Jones

It's just a really good, thought provoking card. How are you liking working in a larger art size?

LOVING it! This size is perfect. Big enough to not struggle with the features, but small enough to scan. So much easier than working card sized, especially with the faces and bodies and small details. Even though it is more surface area to paint, I think they are actually taking (slightly) less time.

Mallah

I think that could be your name...The Heart-Hive Tarot! Lovin it. Keep it up, only...75 more to go!

Mallah

India ink on frosted acetate.... do you paint it on, or use it in some kind of pen? I'm assuming the "stippling" dots are done with some kind of drafting pen...like a rapidograph? It all looks so good!

wildharmonic

Brilliant! I love the perspective, very challenging to get an angle like that and still have it feel organic, which you have done very well. The checkerboard worm hole is my favorite part of this work, and the subtlety of the snake spiraling around, fire and water channeling through. The tattoos are a nice touch too, a great way to integrate the symbols. They give me the sense that this fool in particular is not the fool in position 0, but rather the fool in position 22, after the journey, and now turning to jump back into the worm hole again. Fantastic work.

Babalon Jones

Thanks wildharmonic!

Mallah, the black lines and stippling are just a fine point permanent ink pen, like a Sharpie. Not a rapidograph. I'd love to be able to use one of those to get a finer line width, but the ink that comes with the ones I have isn't permanent on the acetate - you can smear it right off with a damp finger, so I wouldn't be able to paint over it. So I use the permanent fine liner (not Sharpie brand but similar). Stuck with a line not as fine as I'd sometimes prefer though. And, you can't make a mistake, as it is permanent and no way to correct it!

The colored inks are india inks, and I just use a paintbrush to put them on after the black is on. Then sometimes redo the black where the ink was opaque.

Babalon Jones

http://www.rosettatarot.com/Tarot_M_-_in_progress.html

I decided to put all of the cards for Tarot M on one page. It makes it easier to see them all at once rather than scrolling throught the thread looking for links!

Check it out and see if they hang together.

Note there are no borders and titles added yet. The titles there are temporary.

Nina*

Beautiful! I love that HP to bits!

Eyebright

I love everything I have seen so far, it's just gorgeous and works on so many levels :heart: