Oh how my Temperance card has grown...

CassandraR

So for a few months now i've been creating my own deck (only focusing on the 22 Major at the moment) just something for me really. There is nothing wrong with the decks out there and my idea is not overly unique but I wanted the bond of doing it my self. (That's my justification out the way ;) )

So I created all 22 cards and now I am going back and 'rewriting' them. While I have images I adore some not so much, and the style wasn't all that appealing to me. I adore computer made decks and that the path I chose to follow.

Well anyway I'll get to it, my first attempt at Temperance wasn't that great, Temperance has always been a struggle for me until she she came up in two readings I was giving and I was forced to face her head on and that is why she has been redone.

iB7Sn2T.jpg

and my second go

SZky7q4.jpg

I think she has a little way to go but I am so much more happier than I was and I see more in the second card, I feel more too.

Just a little self indulgent post really but comments welcome.

Thank you for reading :)

ldiddy

I struggle with Temperance too (in life and in the cards). I'm not the biggest fan of photography decks, but your first go is really striking and I like it better than the first.

I applaud both of your efforts on this card and hope to check out more of your work as you progress.

CassandraR

Thank you ldiddy :)

Sar

Good for you.

MagsStardustBlack

I love the first one šŸ˜Š

g4nymede

wow ! the first one is very striking, i must say, but i love the calm shown by the second one... you're very talented.

Thoughtful

They are both nice but the one l personally prefer is the first one. It has a mysterious air about it which l rather like in my tarot.

CassandraR

aww you guys!

awww thanks guys! I had a solid idea in mind with my first go round and knew some cards would need tweaking but then I discovered if I applied myself I could go a bit further with each card and now....well I think i've walked away from my original idea and got caught up in the excitement of digital copying and adding that I've lost my message, what the cards meant to me. I love both cards and wonder if I have perhaps created two decks. Ah I've rambled. I've stopped for the moment while I rethink what i'm doing. I want it to be a deck I use not just a deck I made.

Thank you for all for your comments, they are really encouraging and lovely. :)

rylla

They are both nice but the one l personally prefer is the first one. It has a mysterious air about it which l rather like in my tarot.

Ditto. Your first version is very beautiful!

I plan to do my own tarot deck at some point as well. The question is: am I going to live as long as it takes to do it ? :) because I am planing to do it for about 15 years and who knows how much time will pass until I'll actually start doing it (it's a BIG project, you need time, lots of time for it). So I really admire the effort (and courage!) of anyone who is doing such a project. Good luck! Hope your deck will turn out exactly as you wish!

SuziDreams

Did you decide on which one you're using? The first is more mysterious and great for a tarot deck, but I do like the second. As you say it's a completely different style/deck perhaps. The second is so much more open and friendly, both look helpful but the first you'd need to search for what you need, whereas the second would give you an easier answer.