The Fantastic Menagerie is a Trend Setter

Little Baron

Was just going through the pages of WGSN [Worth Global Style Network] today as part of my research for the next couple of seasons in Menswear, and they had a mood board.

On the mood board were two cards from the Fantastic Menagerie, beside which, was written 'Tarot Cards'.

Was very nice to see and thought I would let you all know. Unfortunately, I cannot provide a link as the membership to view the site is about £15,000 [I am told] so it probably wouldn't work.

But pleasant to know that out of all cards they could have chosen, they picked those, rather than the more obvious packs.

LB

6 Haunted Days

LB would you quit going on and on and on about this deck in so many threads? Seriously you are making me gonna want to order it and I can't afford it!

Ah but I do want it sooooo badly. After falling very madly in love with MR's Fairytale Tarot and VR, I've been drooling over this one. I do have the Victorian Flower oracle and that has some wonderful animals in it as well. I wasn't sure at first I would like the all animals aspect or it might be silly, but I adore this sort of art and the more I look at them, the more depth I see. But I should have expected no less from them!

baba-prague

Little Baron said:
Was just going through the pages of WGSN [Worth Global Style Network] today as part of my research for the next couple of seasons in Menswear, and they had a mood board.

On the mood board were two cards from the Fantastic Menagerie, beside which, was written 'Tarot Cards'.

Oh, oh, oh, any chance of a screen shot please? I have been trying - er, a little unsuccessfully, to explain this to Alex. A visual would really help (he's just wandered off muttering "weird" so I think my explanation was a bit hopeless!)

Little Baron

Let me go have a look and see if I can find it again Karen. But I can't post here as not a subscriber. So I will have to send it to you some other way.

Give me five mins and I will see what I can do. Got to remember where I saw it now, hehe :)

LB

baba-prague

Thank-you, I'd really appreciate that.

Little Baron

Trying.

On the research page, it says:

The Fantastic Menagerie Tarot
Tarot card and book set traditionally illustrated with witty but often macabe images.

Am trying to find the images.

LB

Little Baron

I noted down your address Karen.

My home laptop is soooo slow, so if I can't find it tonight [can't remember exactly where it is, but you are in good company - Mark Ryden is also there], I will definitely look through at work in the morning, where it will be faster and easier. And then mail the screen shot. :)

LB

gregory

Little Baron said:
Let me go have a look and see if I can find it again Karen. But I can't post here as not a subscriber. So I will have to send it to you some other way.
LB - make an image, post it on a site like photobucket (FREE !) and then post a link :D

baba-prague

I have it - with thanks to LB. Goodness, it seems we are part of a graphics trend for 2008/9. Hmm - I suppose that must be good. Well, I am not sure if I can post this here but it's on my blog:

http://baba-studio.livejournal.com/249927.html

Golly gosh!