5 Universal Shapes Spread (derived from Angeles Arrien)

poopsie

Years ago, I found a book entitled "Signs of Life" By Angeles Arrien. She had 5 Universal shapes and attached meanings to them so I thought I would use these shapes to make a spread. These were based on cultural and anthropological studies and she also had myths and stories attached to these shapes. The shapes are:

a) Circle - which means being united, wholistic, integrated. Other key words are independence, autonomy and self reliance.

b) Square - stands for stability, responsibility, endurance, steadiness.

c) Equidistant cross - relationships, connection, feeling a sense of belonging

d) Triangle - goal. Being purpose driven, goal-oriented, dreams we aspire

e) Spiral - change - constant changes, growth, innovation, learning.

Using these shapes, I thought of forming a spread for each shape just to guide me.

FOR TRIANGLE - goals you may want to set or vision of yourself
------------------ 1 --------

---------- 2 ------------3

For SQUARE - what keeps you stable and steady; where lies your foundation and core

-------------1----------2

-------------3----------4

For EQUIDISTANT CROSS: the people and relationships who matter most to you and how you are with them

--------------- 1 --------

---------2----- 3-------4

--------------- 5 -------

--------------- 6 -------

For CIRCLE: What keeps you Integrated? What you need to work on to keep you free and independent

--------------1--------

-------6-------------2

-------5-------------3

--------------4-------

FOR SPIRAL: What changes are you going through, or what learnings should you develop to help you mange your current life?

---------------- 4-----5

-------------3------1-----6

------------------2------7

--------------10----8--

------------------9----

I admit is is still a little raw, and I didn't assign any other question per shape per card which others may want to do so. I've become more fluid about it and did not put a sequence to the placement of shapes ... I usually just go by intuition or the key "shape" that calls out to me. So far, I've gotten good results. It also takes long especially if I use all the shapes but I do get comprehensive answers.

Perhaps, some of you may want to try it and improve on it.