Beginner Fears With Tarot

SunChariot

I remember feeling trepidatious at times with Tarot when I was first beginning, and it is a practice that comes with a lot of "baggage" due to how it can be misconceived. It can seem taboo even, like...what if I see something I don't want? Or I'm afraid of?

Try thinking about reading cards like reading a good book that changes every time you pick it up.

Like any good book, eventually you do hit those scary, weirdo moments when reading Tarot too, but usually much later into your studies. Early on, it's a lot just to familiarize yourself with all the input, from the cards, etc. Enjoy getting to know your deck and the cycles and patterns that arise when you begin being aware of them.

Yeah! I had a lot of baggage when I started. I had to clear that out as I started to actually understand what Tarot actually is. There are SO many untruths and misconceptions about it floating around.

My very first reading I got the Death card. I knew nothing about Tarot and it scared the heck out of me. Thought I was going to die. ROFL. Took me a week to have the nerve to pick up the book and cards again and realize that that is not at all what the card means.

I have A LOT of people tell me they are too scared because the cards might show something in the future they do not want to happen. It's a common misconception that Tarot will show them some unavoidable thing that they are forced to face whether they want to or not. When in fact it's the opposite. We can only avoid what we don't want to face if we first know it's coming so we can get out of the way. Tarot is a tool that tells us it's coming so we can do just that.

Babs