Determined Card

TRex

I used to think that jumpers were the result of poor shuffling, but in the last few weeks, when I have been shuffling to select a single card for a daily/weekly reading, this has happened at least twice. I shuffle, a card flicks out, I return it to the deck, and the same card flicks out again. What are the odds? (1 in 78, I guess!) On all occasions, the card that has presented itself is particularly relevant, but when you think about it, they always are.

MysticMoonlight

For me, I mostly relate "jumpers" to my poor shuffling. It happens to me every time I shuffle. Yes, I stink at shuffling. I just look at it/them and place them back into the stack and keep shuffling. I tend to believe that if those card(s) are meant to be a message they'll show up in the reading. BUT with that said, I do make sure that I take note of the jumper(s) just in case that jumper does end up being the exact card(s) that comes up for me...and to be honest, it actually happens often not every time, but often. Go figure.

Barleywine

Someone here once suggested that jumpers are trying to "escape" being read. So maybe we should just leave them where they lie and carry on. The message could be that they have no value in the upcoming reading.

Grizabella

Someone here once suggested that jumpers are trying to "escape" being read. So maybe we should just leave them where they lie and carry on. The message could be that they have no value in the upcoming reading.

That was me. :p To me it makes more sense because if the card was meant to be drawn, it would be in the deck, not escaping it.