MAAT workbook

BodhiSeed

Has anyone bought the new MAAT workbook that comes with a small set of cards that you can cut out? If so, what do you think of the book and the cards that come with it?

Bodhran

BodhiSeed

Thank you lark!

Bodhran

weaver

bodhran said:
Has anyone bought the new MAAT workbook that comes with a small set of cards that you can cut out? If so, what do you think of the book and the cards that come with it?

Bodhran
Though my copy of the Maat Workbook only just arrived this week and I honestly haven't really had time to truly sink my teeth into it yet, I can say that I am already very impressed with this offering from Corrine and Julie. Though it is only 39 pages long, this beautifully produced, oversized, spiral bound book is chockfull of really good information. It is overflowing with rich, saturated, full color photos, too. The quality of the paper the book is printed on is top notch. Most importantly, it really brings the system that the Maat Tarot is built upon into focus in a thoroughly accessible, cohesive manner.

I have worked with the Maat Tarot almost daily since it was first released and have read the deck's accompanying hardcover book many times. That said, the Workbook contains a great deal of information I am happy to have and presents it all clearly and coherently, managing to take foreign concepts and present them in a manner that is truly easy (for me) to integrate. In that I am a very visual person, the Workbook's many pictoral diagrams and illustrations effectively manage to bring increased clarity to the system the Maat Tarot is built upon.

The tiny deck's colors are great. It goes without saying that some of the more subtle details found in the original deck's cards are somewhat compromised in the mini-deck version, but I don't think there is any way around that. For the person looking to cut out and laminate the images to create a mini deck, their efforts would result in a workable, albeit small, Maat Tarot!

I am a real fan of the Maat Tarot, and so it is no surprise, I guess, that I am delighted that this useful tool is now available. Still, I think others who use the deck will benefit from the information found in the workbook, too. I recommend it!

weaver

Mimers

I read through Corrine's book last night and I can say that it is not so much a workbook, but a more summarized book for the Maat Tarot. Julie's accompanying book goes through the deck season by season and in great detail. I found when I read Julie's book I had to read it very slowly because there was so much to absorb. I also found that the way she laid it out was a little confusing and I kept loosing the flow. So, I took Julie's class at the Reader's Studio (Corrine was there too) and had my aha moment. Julie handed out a summary that went through the cards the way Corrine does in her work book and the hand out had just a few lines on each card making it a great summary and giving me a simpler way of understanding the special order of her deck.

Corrine's workbook took the summary and expanded on it creating what I feel is a much simpler and better way of looking at this deck. It is where everyone should start. Afterward for a deeper understanding or if you are doing a reading and want to look up a card, Julie's book will give you so much more important details to ponder.

So how is the workbook different from the handout we got in the class? Corrine doesn't just list the cards. Corrine does a fantastic job by giving just the right amount of explanation of the cards to make it detailed yet not too detailed. What makes this workbook worth buying and not just another set of card descriptions is Corrine's explanations of how Julie came up with this system (It is a feminine approach to the Thoth deck, hence the name Maat) and also explains the ordering of the cards very simply yet very well. Corrine not only does this, but she also explains exceptionaly well what all the positions in the layers mean and Julie's reasoning behind why certain cards fall in their spots. For example, do you know why the court cards weave in and out of the numbered cards? Corrine explains the purpose behind this. Very important information if you want to appreciate this deck.

I think that after I actually read through Corrine's book again, I will only have more good things to say about it. Did I mention the great Q&A section in the back? and the great mini deck that you can cut out if you would like?

I am delighted with this work book. It is the perfect partner to the wonderful book that Julie has written.

BodhiSeed

Thank you Weaver and Mimers! I've looked at the Maat often, but it costs a lot of money (which I'm short of right now). I was trying to decide if the workbook with the mini card set might be a viable alternative. Sounds like it is!

Bodhran

Startarot

Thank you Miners and Weaver!!! I just ordered the workbook a few days ago and am waiting it's arrival. Now, I am very excited and can't wait to get started. I have never really been called to delve into the Thoth deck, however,I was called into The Maat. I have been following the study group but have not gone past that simply becaue I did not quite get the system. I did not attend Julies class, but did get the hand out and they helped but have been left with the need for more. So, having said that.. I am waiting by my mailbox in anticipation!!

Thank you Corrine and Julie!!!

Love, Star