Journal entries - for beginners

spunch

Hi there! Yes, I DEFINITELY agree that we should study the cards, not just brainstorm them. So, coldsuns, point taken. The only think is that I don't know (or didn't know) how to start new thread within a thread that already looks like Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Study Groups > General > Journal entries - for beginners > and then some other threads. I have no clue as to how will this be shown in the forum. So if you are more confident with opening threads, just do it. Then it would be a good idea to rename this forum The Fool, but again, I'm not sure how it's done.

I guess it's all confusing (at least it is for me) to orgnanize this study group so it is clear and understendable for everybody.

So if you think I should do something, I'll do it. If you think you should do something - do it. Let's make this group enjoyable and friendly for all.

As for the Fantastical Tarot - I bougt it just to admire the artwork, but I think, for the time being, I'll stick to some other deck. Although I'm not sure which one - I have Aliester Crowley's Thoth but it's too symbolic. Then I bought Fantastical Tarot but it just doesn't speak to me. Then I bought Morgan-Greer which is beautiful and it is a RW clone and finally today, I bought RW which seems to be everywhere I turn around so I just thought it would be easier to study it. So definitely I'm not buying any more decks. Tonight I will decide which one I want to work with and I'll stick to it.

Ok. What I'll do now, I'll open a new thread called The Fool. Then I'll copy-paste my Fool journal into the new thread, leaving only the introduction. Maybe you could do the same and when you feel you want to progress further, just open a new thread.

God this post was long. Hope it wasn't too confusing! :) Looking forward to studying!

spunch

Well, I just tried to open a new thread within Journal entries and I cannot do it. The new thread is created in General, not within this one. So I gues we'll just have to manage this way and, according to the Administrator (if I understood it correctly), if this thread reaches a significant number of posts they will allow us to have our own group.

witchywomyn

The Magician

Rider Waite Deck

I also see that the querent seems to know what he/she is doing. However, he looks young to me, like a student, like he's still learning. The white wand in his right hand and the white clothes he wears seems to say he is still pure at heart and maybe even a little naive. And the red cape screams of the passion he possesses to keep his world in balance. At this point of his life, his world is still rosy and fertile with lots of opportunities.

He seems to understand that he possesses two opposite type qualities as reflected in the position of the right hand and left hand - one up the other down. As above, so below...

Here he has his eyes open in this card, and sees the 4 suits clearly. However, I it seems to me as if he has a better grasp of thinking, emotions, and material issues than he has of his spirituality. I say this b/c it seems as though the wand is a little further out of his reach than the other 3.

I can feel his confidence in the knowledge that he has the potential to reach a higher spirituality - Just by knowing this his world seems to still be in harmony - in balance.

spunch

Re: Fantastical Tarot

witchywomyn, thank you for posting the link. Now the people who read your journal will be able to see the images you are describing. And also, I found my deck there, Morgan-Greer (last night I decided I'd study and use this deck. To me it is much nicer than RW). So If anybody is interested, you can find MG at the following link. http://www.tarot.com/about-tarot/decks/browsedecks.php?newdeck=18

LadyMedusa

Growing Pains and Sorting

Hello Everyone,

With Spunch's approval I have asked the forum moderator to move our individual card entries to their own threads. We seem to all be in agreement that this will allow contributors to work at their own pace and to allow the space for deeper discussions on each card.

Please enter postings under the card thread(s) and if you come up to one that hasn't started yet feel free. All we ask is to follow the title theme Journal Entries- For Beginners- RWS card names ....

LadyMedusa

Inana

Anybody wanting to stick at this?

Hi, there!

I considered this was a good idea, but this group seems dead now. I was wondering if still is someone interested in go on with it... If so, please post something here or somewhere and we can go on with the Empress. Maybe thats the card the Journal Entries For Beginners needs now: having constance to make it grow.

If nobody is interested in at the moment, well guess I will have to continue the journal on my own. But i have to say i find is more entertaining when sharing it and being able to read other takes on the card. It helps to give more deeps and understand it better. What do you think?

LadyMedusa

Inana,
Hi Please do go ahead and start ont the Empress. I will add mine to it. I've noticed that as soon as a card gets started it gets added to and the discussions start.
For the others participating... When you are ready to add a new card PLEASE DO. You don't have to wait if you are ready to move on.

LadyMedusa

mermaid1622

Count me as a participant

I will have to contribute as I'm able, but this study group appeals to me a lot.

Also, regarding "for beginners" -- Every moment offers me the opportunity to begin anew.

Besides, I am getting a new deck that I have been longing for -- the Buckland Romani. So I will enjoy beginning to work with that as I begin to post here.

Due to various factors, sometimes I can contribute a lot and sometimes only a little.

Thank you to all who have participated already; great work!

mermaid1622

LittleWing

hi everyone

pleased to meet you all in this excellant study group. i see a few people mentioned that the group was slow/not getting much interest - please stick with it - it is really helpful - and the way this forum is designed - it does not matter that we are all doing it at the same time.

so, a general question - - - - - -

i started a journal with the key headings given at the beginning of this post - eg - first impression, keywords etc.

but does anyone have any other ideas for small notes - for example i have made a note of certain songs or certain people who flash into my mind - and are very alike to a card - any other little ideas????