Rosetta Tarot Study Group...?

frac_ture

Hi, Wee_Gypsy -- you're counted in! It seems like there will be enough support for a group, so I did start some behind-the-scenes work on setting one up -- more to come soon. Hopefully more people will also make their way over as things progress...

velvetina

and me! not least to enquire if the tiger in the Fool card reminds anyone else of Calvin's friend Hobbes? can't wait to begin!

DaisyDragonfly

and me! not least to enquire if the tiger in the Fool card reminds anyone else of Calvin's friend Hobbes? can't wait to begin!

LOL! Now I'm going to be seeing the two of them heading through the transmogrifier. (Which you come to mention it, that's not a bad way to think about the process of the Fool through the majors... ;))

Sulis

A new study group :)

I've started an index thread for this group: HERE (click) and that's been added to the Index of Study Groups (click).

Please feel free to start threads whenever you like. In my experience, study groups last the longest when anyone feels that they can start a thread whenever they like and it's not all left to one person.
Just let me know by PM when you do start a thread and I'll add a link to the index.

Thanks and have fun.

Sulis - Study Groups moderator

frac_ture

I've started an index thread for this group: HERE (click) and that's been added to the Index of Study Groups (click).

Please feel free to start threads whenever you like. In my experience, study groups last the longest when anyone feels that they can start a thread whenever they like and it's not all left to one person.
Just let me know by PM when you do start a thread and I'll add a link to the index.

Thanks and have fun.

Sulis - Study Groups moderator

Thanks so much, Sulis!!

So it looks like we officially have a Rosetta Tarot Study Group, everyone! Please do feel free and invited to launch threads whenever you like -- just also please do remember to send Sulis a PM when you do this so that the new threads can continue to be added to the growing index.

Personally, I think that in addition to doing threads for the Majors, Court Cards, and other Minors, it would be great to study other groupings of cards as well, such as the suits and the separate numbers (eg., the 5's, or the 9's, etc.). General threads are also really interesting, so discussions of, say, elements in the cards drawn from Egyptian mythology or the Tree of Life could be illuminating, as could something like talk regarding similarities and differences to the Thoth and/or RWS decks (I know I'm not the only one who's struggled a bit with the Thoth...). But please do feel encouraged to add your own thoughts as you like!

Now I just have to wait for my copy of the deck to arrive in the mail...any minute now...

DaisyDragonfly

Personally, I think that in addition to doing threads for the Majors, Court Cards, and other Minors, it would be great to study other groupings of cards as well, such as the suits and the separate numbers (eg., the 5's, or the 9's, etc.). General threads are also really interesting, so discussions of, say, elements in the cards drawn from Egyptian mythology or the Tree of Life could be illuminating, as could something like talk regarding similarities and differences to the Thoth and/or RWS decks (I know I'm not the only one who's struggled a bit with the Thoth...). But please do feel encouraged to add your own thoughts as you like!

Thanks for setting this up :)

All the above is a very good idea! I'm focussing in on Art at the moment, but I can't see any posts being of the quick and easy kind... there's soooo much to talk about.

This'll be fun! And I'm looking forward to learning from everybody here :D

sumunda

Yay! I'm in. I've been away from the forum and I'm looking forward to the group.

Sulis

Moderator message

Hi folks,

Could I just remind those of you starting threads in this study group to include the numbers on the Majors? Since they are used in the deck I don't think they should be left out.

I've edited the existing threads to include them.

Thanks.

Sulis - Tarot Study Groups moderator

GoldenWolf

Sorry, Sulis. I will include numbers on the majors in the future.

Karrma

Hi thought i'd introduce myself as I have posted a few thoughts on this study group. The Rosetta Tarot is my first and so far only Tarot deck, slowly learning it. Learning it for meditation, self growth, talking with my guardian angels. I am learning as I go, thought I would have a teacher, that has not worked out. thought I had some other newbies to work with, that has not worked out, so bringing my thoughts and ideas and questions here. Anyone who thinks my thoughts are confused, are probably right, and i welcome any and all criticism in the best meaning of the word. I am new to tarot, new to astrology and new to kabbalah, been a long time as a healer, Reiki and western medicine.
I am learning on a Thoth based deck, because intuitively I was supposed to. I will be making comparisons that may be out there, just because....my mind wandered there.