Outline - AT Comparative Deck Study Group

September Pixie

does that mean we can then draw the same card from more than one deck for the same study (as long as we mention them)? I have 2 decks I haven't really 'connected' with that I would LOVE to start using but I think I would need to fall back on the old reliable set..

I'd like to join! :)

contrascarpe

September Pixie said:
does that mean we can then draw the same card from more than one deck for the same study (as long as we mention them)?

I'd like to join! :)

Yes, come on in!

For example, someone already posted on the Victoria Regina, a deck I have. I plan on adding a post later this week.

One of the ideas behind this exercise is for you to spend time with your decks. The other benefit is we get to see how other people interpret this card from different decks - definitions which may help us in our readings down the line.

Welcome aboard!
Dan

Melvis

Hi, all!

I hope you don't mind that I just jumped right in with one of my decks on the Sun thread! :) I was inspired by the other analyses I read of the various decks, and the Da Vinci was one that I'd wanted study.

One thing I noticed as I was replying was that I couldn't tell which deck each person had used because the title was in the Subject area, which doesn't show up in the "Topic Review" panel below where you post your reply. Sometimes I could tell by the description (if I had the deck) but other times I didn't know which deck I was comparing my card to. This may not be a problem for others, but if you have a suggestion that might help, I'm all ears!

Thanks for starting the comparative analysis up again, Contrascarp! :D

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

contrascarpe

Melvis -

Welcome to the thread! We look forward to your viewpoints. Post as often as you want to as many decks as you want ...... that is part of the fun and learning.

Dan

contrascarpe

I just posted my views on a deck which was already chosen ...... just as a reminder that you don't have to choose a different deck. Take the one (or ones) you feel you want to learn deeper. I plan on eventually going through most of my decks.

Participation has been great and I thank you again. I hope no one is bored and as always, feel free to add more info. The topic headings I started were meant to be used as a guideline and to form some sense of symmetry, but more is always better.

I plan on having the next card posted this weekend, unless most want me to hold off so that we can do more justice to The Sun.

Thanks,
Dan

contrascarpe

Surprise!

I was getting the sense that people had their fill of The Sun, so I pulled and posted the second card early - the Ace of Swords. I did a quick study on the Universal RWS just to get started. Remember to come back and visit The Sun from time to time with some of your other decks, but feel free to start posting away at this Ace. Because of the nature of Aces, I may not wait too long to get the third card started.

As always, comments and suggestions welcome.

Dan

contrascarpe

Wow! A little over a week into the study and we have 31 reviews of the first card (Sun) and 18 for the second (Ace of Swords). Thanks to all who are joining in ...... I hope it is helping you as much as it is helping me.

I will try to get the third card up and running within the next 2-3 days (unless people think that is going too fast).

Dan

contrascarpe

An update on the Study Group ......

I am going away for a couple of days and felt I should post the next card - the Eight of Swords. I got things started - feel free to start posting!

A little explanation on some of the things I have included in the initial posts. I am trying to keep up with the decks being referenced by listing them in the initial post for each card. I am not sure if this helpful for anyone, but I feel it helps with the structure. If you see an "x 2" after a deck, it means it was studied by two separate people. That number will change of course as more people study the same deck.

I also have spent some time trying to find links to previous studies of the same cards. This is to pay homage to all those who already did some work on these boards. The same rule applies - just because it was studied on that thread doesn't mean you cannot do your own study on this one. I feel these links help with the "totality" of this study as well.

Regarding the keywords I included in the initial post for the card - these keywords were ones I took from several sources when I was first studying Tarot. I know not everyone will agree with them, but I felt they were a good starting point. I will try to update this list as time goes on, taking keywords here and there from your threads.

I hope everyone is still enjoying this. Don't lose interest yet - we still have 75 cards to go!

Thanks,
Dan

Mimers

Hi Dan,

Would it be possible, when you get back from your trip, to post links to the different threads in your first post?

Thanks,
Amy

contrascarpe

In case anyone was worried that I have walked away from the Study Group - do not fear! I haven't posted any of my reactions (save the initial) in our latest card because of my recent lethargy.

I plan on having the fourth card in the study up either tonight or tomorrow night. My energy is starting to slowly come back (I guess a good night's sleep wouldn't hurt matters) so I will be adding some more in the existing threads. I have some new decks to play with so let the fun begin! Still not sure what the next card will be but for me, that's half the fun.

Not sure about anyone else but I am finding that when I get a new deck, the second thing I do (after making sure they are all there) is to gravitate toward the ones we have already studied. Then again, that is probably just me, lol.

Dan