Tarot of the Sephiroth

Angel Star

Hi Mermaid no one has set any ground rules about this study group but if your interested in learning about some of the Qabalah there are alot of books out there. I started with very practical books and have stuck with them. I am not too interested in complex Qabalah myself. But everyone has their way of how they choose to learn it. I say if your just starting try and purchase Ted Andrews Simplified Magic. Its a small book and I highly recommend it for beginners then try More Simplified Magic which then goes more into the tarot cards and paths. I started with More simplified Magic myself but this is me. Check the books out on Amazon and look for the reviews. Hope this helps :)

Mermaid

Thanks for your recomendations Angelstar, I'll see if I can get my paws on one of them!

Jewel

I would recommend that we do the Tarot/Qabalah study group at the beginning level. That way we could hopefully get more participation, and it would be a nice opportunity to have some of our resident experts guide us to the next level.

Driley

Okay, I'm going to leap in and post a new thread entitled Qabalah and Tarot -- with the suggestion that we build the group around Wang's book etc.

I'll offer to "coordinate" the study group -- but while Qabalah isn't new to me, I feel sure that there are others who are better informed than I running around here. So, I'll invite them to help us out.

However, if worse comes to worse, we can always lead one another up the Path of the Serpent, I guess.

Anyway, look for the new thread and make your joyful replies there in order to attract maximum attention to our newly forming group.

David

Jewel

Great job Driley! Like you I have some experience with the Qabalah and if needed I can help you out, but I will need to follow the book. We can alternate chapters if we need to.

Ravenswing

david--

count me in on this one too. i've been studying kabalah for some time now-- my 'obsession' is with gematria, the numerology of the kabalah.

sounds like we've got a great study going.

steve

Angel Star

I don't have the book you guys are talking about. I prefer to work with Ted Andrews material. I think we can manage this study using both subjects alternately. I will try and find the book either thru Amazon or Barnes as I am not familiar with Wangs book on the Qabalah. Looking forward to this thread :)

Jewel

Angelstar, we will share the basic outline of the Wang book, and please do contribute what you have from Ted Andrews or any other source you would like. You can later decide if you want to purchase the Wang book or not.

Angel Star

Thanks Jewel I was just looking the book up on Amazon earlier but I could not get any information on it. I don't even think they had a cover page. Will keep looking. As far as Andrews work goes he mostly writes on practical Quabalah I am working on paths at the moment. The Emperor and Star card are something to think about as these are the 2 mentioned cards used between Yesod and Netzchah. Which does anyone feels is better for that path if you have worked on paths? I tried the path with the Emperor card the deck I used was the Witches Tarot by Ellen Reed. I think the Star would be a better card for this path. I will probably repeat the path with the Star card.

MystiqueMoonlight

Well I have been toying with the idea of purchasing this deck..but the Cabala kind of throws me off.

I have started to read The Witches Cabalah by Ellen Cannon Reed and A Garden of Pomegranates by Isreal Regardie.

I must admit some of it just goes over my head so this may be just the thing I need.

I'll be keeping an eye on this study group...

Thanks guys!