Mystic Faerie, your least favourite card/s

Hemera

What is your least favourite card in this deck and why?

For me it is probably one of the male cards, probably the Magician or the kings. They are sort of ... well, young..inexperienced maybe?

I have not been able to feel much power in these cards.
Many of the females in this deck look young but they have the feel that they are mature and experienced. They *might* very well be 900 year-olds! Whereas I don´t get the same feeling of the kings, if you know what I mean...

WaterSong

hemera,

I have to go with you in this one....The Magician does not appeal to me in this deck and so doesn't the Devil...it reminds me too much of some childhood scary images....

also...the kings, yes, they don't make me crazy....but, they work well in the readings....

xoxoxo
magenta

willowfox

Again I am still having this problem with the two of wands meaning a partnership and having two faeries on it, also the 3 wands is strange also, the 4 wands of wands meaning receiving a gift does not gel either.

6 Haunted Days

willowfox said:
Again I am still having this problem with the two of wands meaning a partnership and having two faeries on it, also the 3 wands is strange also, the 4 wands of wands meaning receiving a gift does not gel either.

I agree the wands are my least favourite suit. I do love the Ace of Wands though.

My favourites are The Star, Death, The Empress, High Priest, Temperance, the Hermit, Strength, The World, Ace of Pentacles (pretty much the whole suit!), the Knave of Swords....and my most favourite is The Tower. I just love how it is portrayed! As you can see I really love the majority of the Trumps with about a couple exceptions.

As anyone else noticed that the Magcian has only 3 of the 4 suits on the table? No wands in sight. Are the PC's he is juggling supposed to be the Wands? I do love that touch of the playing cards though (I also read with them, but in no way related to Tarot meanings), I thought it was a new and fresh touch.

I also really dislike the Devil. Looks....childish and doesn't convey the depth of this card. Also you're right about some aspects of the men portrayed in this deck. The Emperor for example. He looks like a slouchy slacker asking what's going down tonight lol. Casual, relaxed.....easygoing/some guy hanging out on the couch. Not my image or idea of this powerful archetype.

Edit to add: I just realized that this is a least favourite thread, not a least/best one. Sheesh. Sorry. It will have to do for now!

gregory

The Magician. I really HATE the playing cards. I'm not sure why but they REALLY get on my nerves - they seem out of place, somehow.

Someone else has pointed out that his arms look weird.

willowfox

gregory said:
The Magician. I really HATE the playing cards. I'm not sure why but they REALLY get on my nerves - they seem out of place, somehow.

The playing cards lessen the power of this magician, they bring him right down to the level of an ordinary illusionist who has no power at all. The card shows a card sharp and not a magician with the power to change the elements.

gregory

Exactly !

Hemera

6 Haunted Days said:
I
As anyone else noticed that the Magcian has only 3 of the 4 suits on the table? No wands in sight. Are the PC's he is juggling supposed to be the Wands? I do love that touch of the playing cards though (I also read with them, but in no way related to Tarot meanings), I thought it was a new and fresh touch.
!

Check out the thread I started yesteday for the Magician!
There *is*a wand in the card, although very well hidden..

6 Haunted Days

willowfox said:
The playing cards lessen the power of this magician, they bring him right down to the level of an ordinary illusionist who has no power at all. The card shows a card sharp and not a magician with the power to change the elements.

I saw it completely different than that. Perhaps because I have researched the history and uses of playing cards I saw a whole nother slant to the picture. I also use playing cards in divination as well often.

To me it's showing him using playing cards just like Tarot and creating all the elements and ideas. After all all it is quite obvious PC's were before the Tarot (when the Trumps were added for extra gaming function) so to me it is harkening back to the beginning of card history. Also I was looking at the cards that are depicted and "seeing" the reading if I could.

But I could see if you have never read up on the history and divination of PC's where you might just get the modern day ideas of card sharks or an illusionist doing tricks. It's both in my opinion, not just one or the other. The Magician usually stands for both. I thought it was a brillant idea to suggest both with the use of PC's.

gregory

If he weren't JUGGLING with them, I would find that idea much easier to countenance (I have read some playing card history, but he doesn't look like a diviner of any kind to me !)